Standard Life Endowment policy help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2367 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

Had a standard life endowment back in 1989 , stopped paying it probs 10 year into it, not got any details of old policy , is there anyway I can get policy details from standard life

cheers

Hi.

Why do you not have any details please? Do you have any documentation from when the policy was taken out or a policy number on your bank statements?

I would have thought that they could find your policy anyway if you have your address from when you took out the policy.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Hi thanks for reply, I moved house , dont have bank statements from that far back, haven.t contacted them yet, going to tomorrow, because i stopped paying it I was wondering what happens to the money I paid into it as not got any letters or policy now

I've moved your thread to the Insurance/Assurance forum for further advice.

When you stopped paying premiums, you should have had letters from Standard Life. Your policy could have been made paid up so that you had a payout that was protected until you wanted to claim it.

But if you didn't tell them what you wanted to do, it's possible that they used the value of the policy to continue paying the premiums, if memory serves. It's a while since I dealt with life assurance policies.

I think ringing them is a good idea, please let us know how you get on. Standard Life are a reputable Scottish company.

HB

• Confused 1

Illegitimi non carborundum

SAR time?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 2 weeks later...