Double Yellow Lines on Private Land - What are the rules?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2402 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

What are the regulations for enforcing double yellow lines on private land? clearly they will not have a Traffic Order in place, but can they simply have yellow lines and then red signs up stating "no parking" to make it enforceable.

ta

Private land? No such thing as DYl's. Purely graffitti.. Unless theyre covered under a bylaw. Such as railway stations etc.

As for your example, its an emphatic NO.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Courts have been pragmatic on these features so if you get a ticket for parking on a standard DYL then they usually decide that it is a patter of prohibition and not a contractual matter but park on yellow lines outside a fire exit for example and they tend to side with the charge as the landowners intentions and H&S being paramount so paying some parking co £100 serves you right for being a prat.

Approach roads at airports and on residential estates are commonly in the formr category, hatched areas outside loading bays at supermarkets fall into the latter.

The law is the same though, they have no actual legal definition, just an indication of intent.

Edited by honeybee13
Paras