Stat Demand

andrew0101
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2402 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just a quick question....are mere mortals allowed to issue a stat demand against a bank if the bank owe them money.....when I say owe money I mean a genuine matter where they have not paid up and have passed it to an outside agency to argue the toss?

Yes you can... From .Gov Website

Stat Demands

1. When you can make a statutory demand

You can make a statutory demand to ask for payment of a debt from an individual or company.

Anyone who’s owed money (the ‘creditor’) can make a statutory demand. You don’t need a lawyer.

If the debt’s over 6 years old, you can’t usually make a statutory demand. You can get legal advice instead.

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

As long as its for 5k upwards

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Are they able to raise any dispute as to the sum owed?

If so (& you go ahead with the stat Demand), expect them to apply to the High Court to restrain you from issuing a winding-up petition, and for them to apply for their costs if they succeed.

For an individual it's £5k plus....but my understanding for a company it's £750 plus? Or am I wrong there?

That is correct.....a Winding Up Order...unlike a Stat Demand you must serve the forms through Court.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Long story short..

.Bank obtained ccj and charging order back in 2010.

Did deal with bank who wrote off amount.

Sold house a few months back,

bank said we still owed a few grand and because of charging order as in joint names we could not complete unless we paid..

.they bent us over a barrel.

...now it's all over and we have moved we want our money back!

if it was a restriction k , i'e it was against one of 2 people that jointly owned the property

then its your solicitor that wants shooting for blindly paying it off to them...

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

:dance:

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

It was in joint names...

.we did have two restriction K's as well for amounts in single names, they did not get paid..

.although I now have Restons on my case who have issued a warrant for nearly 5k to be paid....

so my worries are not over on that one

and they

No. Restons have a CCJ and had a restriction K....the restriction has now gone but they have applied through the court for a warrant to seize goods...

I'm confused. If a court granted a CCJ that is prima facie evidence that the money was owed unless/until you appeal the judgment or get it set aside.

Is the money you claim the bank owes you a different sum?.

I'm sorry, it's got confusing

I was referring to two different posters questions...

the money owed by the bank is a different and separate issue and related to a joint charging order...

..the Restons matter was a restriction K which was not paid and has nothing to do with the original post..

..I was referring to a post where it was suggested that our solicitors should not have paid the restriction K which they didn't,

but now Restons have got very heavy...

..hope this makes things clear.