Benefits whilst Employed and Also Self Employed

Superdryguy2k10
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2415 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all. Wondering if someone can help me.

Up until recently I have been working but had a universal credit claim running in the background for 6 months. In August I earnt 1400 through my PAYE job but setup self employed and the total expenses that month were 1200 approx giving a net income for that payment period of 200. Does dwp account for net income across both jobs for benefit purposes or just my main PAYE job which I am no longer doing.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks Tom. So I'm presuming the calculation will be something along the lines of 1400 PAYE income minus 1k stock and 200 travel = 200 net income. Obviously provable when I do my first SA.

Think I've missed the cut off for August so I'll just have to lump that one but nice to know for September

If you are PAYE from your business then that's the income they will use, I presume you are a PAYE director? Sorry I thought you had a PAYE job and did some self-employment as well.

If so the business assets etc should I believe be ignored as you are not self-employed but employed by the business you run.

I get it, not sure how they would figure that out, in theory the £1400 is still income and they may treat the self-employed as nil income for the time being and review as the business takes off.

This is one of those oddities that isn't catered for in the normal way.