Northwest Mini Centre Glossop - My car has been with them for a long time

PS1987
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2386 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Did anyone get any further with this? I seem to be having similar issues with this company. My car has been with them for a long time now and doesn't seem to be getting anywhere with increasingly unlikely tales of woe from Chris. It'd be interesting to know if those tales are consistent across different people.

Thanks

PS

Can we please keep all information and advice on the thread please as it helps no one reading or advising in progressing this thread.

Regards

Andyorch

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi Cheshire Cat,

Chris is increasingly difficult to get hold of. I dropped into the garage a couple of weeks ago and agreed collection of my car. I turned up on Friday with a hired trailer, as arranged, and unsurprisingly he wasn't there. A couple of the lads that he subcontracts space to were around and they helped me to load my car. Happy it is now back in my possession.

If your car isn't in the little yard at the garage, he hires space from a caravan storage yard just down the road. From the garage turn right down to the mini roundabout. Turn right (second exit) then first left. The cars Chris has there are on the left at the very bottom. The yard has a padlocked gate and isn't owned by Chris. If he is refusing to return your car, one of the moderators may be able to advise how to report this to the police, perhaps as a theft, and advise further.

I hope this helps and wish you the best of luck.

It sounds like we're in similar situations. I've sent Chris a letter today requesting full refund of money paid given that no work has been carried out. I will keep you updated with mine as it progresses.

BW

Hi BankFodder,

I gave Chris my car some years ago to restore. Progress was claimed to be being made but having collected my car last week zero progress has been made. Unfortunately money was paid on good faith that work was progressing.

I have sent Chris a letter today requesting full refund of monies paid given that no work was done.

I have requested a response within two works or I shall seek to recover the costs through the courts, as well as reporting this fraudulent activity to the police.

I shall also be informing the relevant trading standards department in the next couple of days.

I would be keen to hear if you have any information on how customers in similar situations have fared with similar complaints.

Many thanks,

Hi BankFodder,

I gave Chris my car some years ago to restore. Progress was claimed to be being made but having collected my car last week zero progress has been made. Unfortunately money was paid on good faith that work was progressing.

I have sent Chris a letter today requesting full refund of monies paid given that no work was done.

I have requested a response within two works or I shall seek to recover the costs through the courts, as well as reporting this fraudulent activity to the police.

I shall also be informing the relevant trading standards department in the next couple of days.

I would be keen to hear if you have any information on how customers in similar situations have fared with similar complaints.

Many thanks,

Good luck with that one!! Chris did a moonlight flit on Thursday (14 sept) and is apparently heading south. NWMC is in the process of being wound up with liquidators apparently going in next week to cease assets - of which there are very few as Chris has taken anything valuable with him.

I'm keen to find out exactly how many people he owes money too and exactly how much as I feel that this goes beyond a civil matter and given the amount of people effected it should be a criminal matter!

My worry is he's up and gone with his tool box in tow and his aim is to set up in another part of the country with a new name and start all over again. If we can stop him and bring him to book for his actions then it needs doing.