CRS/harlands problem

dh567spire
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2293 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

ive been following

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?424491-Harlands-and-Xercise-4-Less

to help.

i cancelled my direct debit and also sent 2 cancellation emails to xercise4less via their website as i was moving further than 50 miles away from the gym i was paying membership for.

As i cancelled the DD before sending the cancellation emails, the only response i got to the emails is that my account is in default and i must pay it.

I assume they then sent various letters to my old address as on the letter to my new address they said they had added admin fees for me not replying to their letters.

I replied with the following:

Dear Sir or Madam

I refer to your letter of 24 august 2017 received 30 august 2017 and our subsequent phone discussion.

I have already forwarded my cancellation emails with xercise4less where I request to cancel membership twice.

Also please find attached proof of address.

In addition I cancelled my DD mandate on 19/05/2017 and this was adequate notice of my cancellation of the gym agreement as per High Court judgement from the case of The OFT v Ashbourne Mgt Servcies ltd in 2011.

I now realise i should have paid one further months fee for the notice period and am willing to offer you £9.99 now.

If you confirm in writing within 14 days that you'll accept £9.99 in full statement of all amounts due, i will pay it promptly.

If you fail to accept my offer within 14 days, or if you demand any admin or cancellation fees (unlawful penalties), my offer will be withdrawn and i may ignore further demands from you and/or harlands/xercise4less.

Such reports may be reported to Trading Standards

Yours faithfully,

They then replied saying the same thing pretty much saying my account is in debt.

They also said my proof was 4 months late as in my original emails i only said i was moving location but not where to, which is true, but if they needed extra proof why didnt they say this instead of declining my offer and saying i owe them money!?

i replied saying please refer to my statement about Office of Fair Trading versus Ashbourne Management Services Ltd.

They then replied saying in 6 years nobody has ever found that in the case that cancelling a DD is sufficient and they are saying if i can find it please let them know otherwise i still owe them £121.

Im in a bit of a pickle, should i just ignore them??

thanks,

Dom

yes!!

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi DH and welcome to CAG

Please see my PM to you and reply.

If they've failed to accept your offer to pay the month's fee for the notice you failed to give before cancelling, that's THEY'RE problem, not yours.

If they are now writing to you at your new address, ignore their further demands. If they're writing to your OLD address, you need to tell them to use the new one or you'll complain to the ICO.

Stay OFF the phone completely with Harlands/CRS and don't use email to fire back and forth. Just let us know what they do next.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

• 2 weeks later...

begging..powerless idiots

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi DH,

You're absolutely right to ignore them now.

Keep us posted though ..........

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

• 2 months later...

Tough ignore

They are not bailiffs

and they

If you'd read other threads, you'd have learned that Zinc are the external DCA used by Harlands/CRS when you ignore them.

Ignore Zinc and they'll give up quickly and pass the matter back to CRS, who you'll continue to ignore.

• 3 weeks later...