IDRWW,- coyle white Devine trading under a different name chasing me

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2036 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys,

got an email a while ago from IDRWW, (wrong fca reference number on it)

after a search it reveals its coyle white Devine trading under a different name.

they say they have my email address, and say they will say will use it for correspondance.

I left uae with debts,

I won't go into the sob story but they're asking for circa £60k (way more than I would owe)

I've got no assets,

about to leave my job,

no longer at old address given to them in Mid East years ago and

I owe in uk £27k in loans and £5k on credit card.

I pay all of these normally and I'm fine, but on paper am skint.

Am I right in guessing that they have no idea where I'm living and can't get in touch with me and a credit check reveals it's not even worth persuing me in court?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, oh and I'm going out the country in 2 weeks so surely they can't do anything while I'm out the country?

If they checked your UK credit record, it should show your UK address, unless you have moved and it is not up to date. Perhaps they wrote to the UK address and have not managed to contact you.

If you have no assets and plenty of debt, then perhaps get debt advice. If you left the UAE within the last 3 years, you can include this debt in bankruptcy if that were ever considered.

You can ignore an email, as they can't issue anything official e.g court claim to an email address.

Pretty sure your UK records including land registry will have been checked to see whether you are worth going after. CWD are only interested if they can make money pursuing a debt.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Thanks uncle Bulgaria,

yeah I've got loads of debt on paper here and no assets what so ever.

If they went after me they would be so far down the line. I left uae in 2013.

I have moved and address not up to date,

I'm also leaving my job in 2 weeks.

Going travelling then not sure whether I'll come back or not,

if I do I still won't be registered at any address in uk.

As far as I can see it will cost them to take me to court and only for them to get nothing.

I have multiple passports and am happy to go overseas and work again so they will get nothing.

Also I fail to see how they would have the original paperwork from the UAE.����������

own thread created

please don't randomly post on other peoples threads..

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

go enjoy your life

all and bugger they can do to you or anyone.

simply want to fleece people that think a DCA has some magical powers

with a debt from several 1000's of miles away.

they don't

DCA's are NOT BAILIFFS.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

It would be up to the UAE creditor whether they wanted to spend money on enforcing their debt.

CWD won't spend their money on anything beyond any initial fee they might receive to cover basic communications.

After you have left the UK, send them an email advising that you are no longer in the UK.

Make sure UK creditors know you have left the UK as well, to avoid default CCJ's obtained using your old UK address.

Remember, don't enter or transit through any Islamic country where this UEA debt might be registered at the border.

If you do so, you risk being detained for questioning about the debt.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

I don't intend on ever going back to the Mid East or ever going through it in transit.

I feel I'm best to not respond or communicate with them at all.

If they file a ccj I will defend stating I'm overseas. I

will continue to pay my uk creditors always.

I always service realistic debts but the UAE ones are not warranted and are covered by insurance by UAE employers and banks.

The whole country there is in debt and the legal system is corrupt, it's who knows the higher person or sheikh.

For them to take me to court they would have to provide the original signed papers, and considering I never signed anything and a friend signed for me in a pub claiming to be me., I fail to see how this could ever come about.

It gives you an insight into the absolute joke of a country it is and how shoddy their banking practices are.

Always best to avoid a CCJ in your absence. If you tried to set aside, you would need to offer up a proper defence and do so promptly. And the set aside might just lead to your debt being subject to a hearing. CWD seem to just give up, if they are given information that makes a debtor look very unattractive.

• 9 months later...

any developments

see you were here recently looking around

dx

and they

• 2 months later...

thanks well done!!

dx

and they