'Final notice before court proceedings ' from CLI for my Finnish debt which is about 20 years old

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2391 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I also received a similar letter 'Final notice before court proceedings ' from CLI for my Finnish debt which is about 20 years old. I ignored their letters so far but this letter required a signature and my husband signed for it as he didn't know from who it was. So, they know now that we live at the address. Any suggestions on my actions?

You should start your own new thread.

Signing for a Royal Mail letter just means that someone at an address signed for it. Does not mean the debtor signed or read the letter. And it is a good thing, as hopefully they will now send you more information and not just standard chasing letters. CLI just provide template letters for companies, so unlikely they would escalate any action themselves.

A 20 year old debt from Finland is unlikely to still be enforceable in a court, if you have not paid anything for say more than 6 years. Did they ever get a Finnish court judgement ? If so, then they should say so in letters and then you would have to get legal advice, as the judgement can be transfered to the UK.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Thank you for your reply. I can see several treads started on CLI but all of them stopped on chasing letters stage. I would really like to know what other people's who already started the treads experiences with CLI.

• Like 1

exactly

went nowhere

sadly people rush here to get help

but never bother to resolve and say thinks.

speaks volumes about CLI threat-o-grams

a DCA is NOT A BAILIFF.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi yoker, I'm in similar position to you and received chasing letters from CLI. Could you, please, tell me if there any further development on your story, did they stopped chasing you or did they take any actions?

Thank you for your reply. I can see several treads started on CLI but all of them stopped on chasing letters stage. I would really like to know what other people's who already started the treads experiences with CLI.

CLI don't do anything futher. Last time i checked they don't have authorisation from FCA for handling debt collection monies.

They just seem to provide template letters and provide UK admin address. It would be the foreign creditor or their authorised UK agents that would take the matter further, if they could and it was worth it.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Yoker will only know you have posted, if they have set their account to receive emailed notification and they see it in their spam folder. Unlikely you will get an update.

• 3 months later...

20 year old debt in this country isnt enforceable.

Ignore them and if they write again ignore them some more.

If you do get a court claim then the defence of the debt being statute barred will kill the claim.

I also received a similar letter 'Final notice before court proceedings ' from CLI for my Finnish debt which is about 20 years old. I ignored their letters so far but this letter required a signature and my husband signed for it as he didn't know from who it was. So, they know now that we live at the address. Any suggestions on my actions?

• 3 weeks later...

own thread created

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...