CLI dca chasing Kuwait debt

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2085 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thank you for your advise its hard because everyone i call about help cant help or advise as its Kuwaiti debt. So want to know my right and if what they are doing is right. They added insterest and in kuwait you dont pay interest. Suppose just have to hope they dont come knocking and see if i get a court letter.

Jo, you are going through an anxiety attack following the letter.

They have no rights to send anyone to your door to discuss debts. You can see they have no FCA authorisation for such activity. As with anyone coming to your frontdoor, you can totally ignore them. And don't fall for the postcard sent through the post, which says " we tried to visit you today and no one was at home, please phone xxxxxxxx". All the communications are just to ramp up the pressure to try to get you to crack.

You could report the matter directly to the FCA sending them a copy of the CLI letter. The FCA don't normally deal with individual complaints, but if CLI are conducting activities they should not be, then the FCA might be interested.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Haha

i think i am its hard not knowing your rights more straight forward if uk.

But thank you for your advise it has helped a great deal and for me to get a better understanding

I have never had anything like this in my life.

Im angry as i had to flee kuwait as our family wasnt safe and i tried my hardest when home to sort it out.

Then all of a sudden debt seems to have doubled and the threats

cause they know there are muppets out there that blindly pay

then they run down the pub with the money

as with all DCA's

none of the money anyone pays them goes back to the people the debt was originally with.

they wrote it off years ago. and could give a monkies

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

and CLI will have nothing to do with it.

Just to show you, this is their FCA status.

http://fca-consumer-credit-interim.force.com/CS_RegisterSearchPageNew?accId=627201

Lapsed interim registration. They just send template chasing letters out. If the foreign creditor wants to enforce the debt in the UK, they can apply to UK courts. UK Courts are quite helpful to foreign creditors, so yes it is possible they could try. But you would recieve a claim from the court, which you could defend and only if you lost could the debt be enforced. Even then, you could apply through the court to make affordable payments to the creditor.

• 8 months later...

I havent heard anything since last on re the kuwait debt then

got a letter today from ward hahaway law firm.

Saying i have to pay by 10am 18jul or they will consider legal proceedings against me.

Im so worried now does this mean that i have to pay now as law firm involved and the money they are asking is ridiculous

does anyone know what kind of lawer i can speak to or someone that can help if it goes to court

Edited by dx100uk
Spacing

Don't get yourself all stressed out Jo

- I too was in your situation, and believe me, I felt like I was Interpol's most wanted person, dead or alive, preferably dead!

There are really decent people here on CAG who really know their stuff, and helped me see things from a different angle.

Rest assured, you are not alone, and you may feel like the world is crushing around you, I assure you, far from it.

Do not be intimidated by the threats.

Read the letter again - " they will consider legal proceedings..." is all about the wording, just like saying, "I will absolutely, definitely think about it..." not as convincing as "I will do it."

Unlike the Middle East, debt here is not a criminal offence, and there is a plethora of debtor tools/options to assist.

You are not alone!

Edited by dx100uk
Spacing

Ignore them and read the letter PROPERLY

Doesnt say WILL anything

And gou dont need a sc@mming law firm either....

Dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

just because they are registered...registered to FLEECE people

IGNORE!!

and they

hi,

I received a letter from wardhadaway law firm ,

i know you said if i got any letters from a uk solicitor then come back for advice,

im wondering if this company is a solicitor that they have passed over to.

the letter states they have been consulted re the debt which has now gone up by £3000.

saying that unless i pay the full amount to them by 18th the client will have no alternative but to consider commencing legal proceedings against me.

then goes on about court cost will then be incurred and interest of 8% from when the debt become due.

Does this sound like another threatening letter or that it is heading towards the courts?

also has anyone ever had dealing with this company before.

how will i know if it goes to court and will i have chance to pledge my case etc.

]

stop falling for their stupid letters

IGNORE THEM.

and they

Debt collectors using a Solicitors name to fish for money !

If they were acting on behalf of the creditors, then you would not receive such a fishing letter.

You would receive a very different letter, if there was any intention of using the courts.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread