Gym etc/ Harlands admin fee

dannyfanny08
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2351 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

But, isn't there a chance that this could escalate and I could be forced into paying the fine. What is it I should do then

How did i do that?

it is NOT A FINE

only court/police/council can issue FINES

you gave them your email address by replying to them by email when we said royal mail.

please don't think that ANY of these players have any legal powers whatsoever

they don't...

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hey guys, this is what they responded with

Many thanks for your email.

Unfortunately, as under the terms and conditions of your contractual agreement you have taken with GymEtc, we are unable to remove the administration charges on your account as they have be applied correctly due to your direct debit being cancelled.

The charge is £25.00.

One of the Terms of this agreement, which you have agreed to be bound by, is that "if you fail to pay any monies due under this agreement or if any Direct Debit is returned unpaid or any cheque is returned unpaid or if any other form of payment is not honoured for whatever reason, you shall pay us on demand fee of £25.00, which we require to cover our costs of seeking to pursue such payment from you."

May we confirm, £25.00 is the amount deemed by our directors as representative of our costs in dealing with the administration involved with a missed or returned payment.

When we submit for a payment by Direct Debit which is then returned, we are also charged by the bank. The charge also covers the costs we incur to reapply for the payment and the sending of letters to members.

The administration has been incurred due to the extra work involved to resubmit the payments, the accounting time it takes to process the return and reverse the transaction, the cost of sending a letter and assigning to the database.

Please see below for the link of your terms and conditions should you require to see them,

Please contact the HARLANDS HELPLINE ON 01444 449 166 before the 5th of October 2017 to clear the arrears and to avoid any further charges.

We trust you find this to be in order,

Should you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact our offices.

Office hours: Monday to Friday, 9am - 5pm

Yours sincerely,

Leeanne Bosman

Harlands

Ignore them. Totally. They've had their chance.

It's also the standard letter they send anyone that calls their bluff. And remember, just because they say its legit, doesnt mean it is in law. Its apenalty charge and unenforceable. Many peopel who have a membership dont realise this and blindly pay up. Know your rights, dont pay and you cut off their gravy train.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Hi DF,

Yes, you've made a reasonable offer which they 're too greedy to accept.

So now, you simply ignore their demands but keep us posted.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

• 1 month later...

Hi guys, long time since I have had an update I hope you guys can still help me.

i recieved a letter today - 10/11/2017 from CRS.

The last time I had contact with anyone was on 16/09/2017 with harlands.

I just want this stuff to end and I though that it had since they hadnt made any contact for months.

Last time there was contact the fee stood at 50£ but as you can see it is now 141.50£ . uP2Mf

Here is a link to the image if the embedded one didnt work https: // imgur . com/a/uP2Mf

please post up as a PDF

read UPLOAD

but anyway you simply ignore

a DCA is NOT A BAILIFF

and has

NO SUCH LEGAL POWERS

but as you know anyway or should do by reading threads here and researching things

CRS are harlands anyway.

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

and?

and they

Potentially receiveing more letters is a bit annoying but if there is no way they can enforce these charges and they ignored my last email then its fine.

You said they arent balifs and I have read they cant enforce these charges so all should be good.

Thanks for the help

:madgrin:

bailiffs can NEVER EVER be involved in ANY DEBT

unless it been to a court and you lose.

and they

Hi DF

We don't need to see any demand from Harlands/CRS - it can be ignored.

Just because they keep increasing the amounts does NOT make it any more "payable". Their tactic is to try to scare you so much you'll contact them and they'll then offer to "reduce" the amount you need to pay to make them leave you alone. Just ignore their silly attempts.

What folk need to remember is that Harlands/CRS make a percentage each month for collecting DD's for gyms. For this, they probably take 10% to 15%. So they'll make £1 or £1.50 a month collecting the ongoing monthly DD's.

Then look at what Harlands/CRS stand to make for one late or missed DD - £25 is what they charge.And the if you cancel in any manner they deem incorrect, they'll try to add on fees so they stand to make £100, £200, or even more from folk who cave in to their ridiculous demands.

Ignore but keep a log of all forms of contact from Harlands/CRS and the Zinc Group.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)