v5 and engine number from dealer

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2387 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone

i bought a new bike a few weeks ago for 10k from BMW , The dealer was great all the way through the sale and i rode away a happy man

The dealer went through all the paperwork with me and sent the V5 off to be put in my name , I was then going through the service books and right at the back it says engine replacement 2k ago

Now although some people might feel this is great as its a new engine they also updated the engine a year after mine was made

i have a different engine with the newer clutch and gearbox ,

Also they did not update the V5 as i had that back the other day and now they don't match

I called my insurance company this morning and asked if the v5 not matching was an issue ,

The lady i spoke to and the manager both said yes this could be an issue as if the bike was stolen and recovered then the engine would not match and with so many bikes being stolen and stripped for parts it could affect a claim ,

I then called DVLA and told the same story and asked how i go about getting this changed and was told that i need the paperwork for the engine swap and and to send to all off to DVAL ,

I had no paperwork ,

I have to add that its the same dealer that swapped the engine is the same one i bought it from so they obviously knew all about it

I emailed the dealer this afternoon and told him of my grievance and the salesman reply was i have spoken to the manager and that i can just send the v5 off , WHY SHOULD I "

To be honest i have lost complete looks on the bike and trust from the dealer and feel they have been dishonest about the whole thing ,

I know a lot of people would be happy with a new engine with less miles but i wanted the bike i paid for with the original engine and i feel i should of been told that the bike had a replacement engine and then i could of made my own mind up to proceed with the purchase ,

The bike only had 13k on it anyway so its not as if the bike had high milage

Do i have any rights to return and get my money back or another bike with all the correct engine and V5 ,

Its a lot of money and I'm absolutely fuming

Every time I have bought a vehicle, and that's quite a few, before parting with my money I have taken the V5C and checked the chassis number and engine numbers.

I dont trust anyone's "word".

But hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Reject the vehicle on misrepresentation.

Easy as.

The vehicle they have sold you has got false documents

i int really get a chance to go through the V5 , yes i can see its not my fault for not taking it off him and going through it myself but he went through it and then took it away to send off so i never really got a look at it until i had it delivered back in my name

Hi everyone

i bought a new bike a few weeks ago for 10k from BMW , The dealer was great all the way through the sale and i rode away a happy man

The dealer went through all the paperwork with me and sent the V5 off to be put in my name , I was then going through the service books and right at the back it says engine replacement 2k ago

Now although some people might feel this is great as its a new engine they also updated the engine a year after mine was made

i have a different engine with the newer clutch and gearbox ,

Also they did not update the V5 as i had that back the other day and now they don't match

I called my insurance company this morning and asked if the v5 not matching was an issue ,

The lady i spoke to and the manager both said yes this could be an issue as if the bike was stolen and recovered then the engine would not match and with so many bikes being stolen and stripped for parts it could affect a claim ,

I then called DVLA and told the same story and asked how i go about getting this changed and was told that i need the paperwork for the engine swap and and to send to all off to DVAL ,

I had no paperwork ,

I have to add that its the same dealer that swapped the engine is the same one i bought it from so they obviously knew all about it

I emailed the dealer this afternoon and told him of my grievanceicon and the salesman reply was i have spoken to the manager and that i can just send the v5 off , WHY SHOULD I "

To be honest i have lost complete looks on the bike and trust from the dealer and feel they have been dishonest about the whole thing ,

I know a lot of people would be happy with a new engine with less miles but i wanted the bike i paid for with the original engine and i feel i should of been told that the bike had a replacement engine and then i could of made my own mind up to proceed with the purchase ,

The bike only had 13k on it anyway so its not as if the bike had high milage

Do i have any rights to return and get my money back or another bike with all the correct engine and V5 ,

Its a lot of money and I'm absolutely fuming

new and old threads merged

please keep to one thread

read from post 1

you already have answers

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

they have offered me my money back £10k

I'm still not happy as i can't buy the same bike for 10k  

they have also offered me a replacement bike at an extra cost of £750

either way I feel let down and stuck as i can't afford to pay more for a bike which aint the colour i wanted

you paid £10k and they are offering you £10k.

What more do you really expect?

Go elsewhere with your money,

you are not entitled to be in a position where you are better off and nor are they so you have nothing to complain about

it is clear that both parties no longer want to really do business with each other.