Aviva - the UK's worst company...by far

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2408 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have an Aviva small self-administered pension scheme and now wish to encash in full. Should be straightforward? Not with this bunch of cowboys.

Here are my experiences:-

1. Calling 'customer services' takes ages to answer
  2. When they do answer, the person cannot offer any meaningful help without putting you in another 30 minute call queue
  3. Aviva confirmed all paperwork was in order, but would take 10 business days to 'process'
  4. Called Aviva on the 11th business day having heard nothing
  5. When questioned on the reason for inaction, their reply was "your address has changed". No attempt to contact me to resolve
  6. Put through after 35 minutes on hold to someone whose first language wasn't English - barely intelligible
  7. Advised to email confirmation of change of address. This was done immediately along with 2 utility bills attached
  8. Another week goes by, still no contact. Called again. See points 1 and 2
  9. Eventually get told "we haven't actioned your change of address". The reason: I didn't send in a letter confirming my change of address
  10. Advised that, once change of address letter was received, the encashment would take place in 2 - 3 days
  11. Initiate a formal complaint
  12. Sent in letter confirming new address, received Friday 8.11 a.m
  13. Tuesday p.m. - scheme practitioner (who has administered scheme since it's inception) called Aviva to be told "can't talk to you - you're not listed as having anything to do with this account!"
  14. Wednesday lunchtime I called - "we have your letter and are looking at it. Assuming everything is in order, we will then wait 10 business days before doing anything further"
  15. This is the 8th day since initiating my complaint - no acknowledgement has been received

This is service of such a shockingly poor level, that I don't believe it to be accidental. Many Aviva customers are alleging they do this to frustrate claims and encashments, so that you simply give up. I'm beginning to come to the same conclusion.

Edited by Nick_S

Suggest you register a complaint with their head office

Email [email protected]

Telephone 020 7283 2000

Switchboard 020 7283 2000

Postal Address St Helen's, 1 Undershaft, London, EC3P 3DQM

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

• 2 weeks later...

Odd to see this because I am suffering similar problems with a maturing Endowment policy which they are finding every excuse under the sun to avoid paying out.

My wife and I held it in joint names but split up 15 years ago, me inheriting this policy, her others. She cashed hers (with other companies) early with no problem but Aviva are refusing to pay into a single name account EVEN THOUGH all payments for the entire 25 years have come out of this account.

Would only budge if my ex-wife authorised it. This she duly did by telephone and post, but they now want loads of documentation she just can't provide.

Rude staff, no record updating, impasse!

I share your pain