Previous claim

wendyd
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2423 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

Looking for a bit of advice.

My husband owns a car and a van and insured in his name. I am a named driver on the car and in 2016 i crashed into the rear of another car. The claims process went well with no problems and his no claims bonus was protected.

When we renewed the car insurance it only increased £45.

My husband went online to get a quote for the van but it wouldnt take the payment and said that he would need to call.

when he called they said that their system flagged that there was a claim that he didnt disclose (The one i had in the car)

He said to them that he didnt think he needed to as it was me who caused the accident on his car policy. I am not named on the van policy. So the quote online jumped from £236 to £519

When i had the accident he phoned his van insurance to tell them and they said that because i was no on the van policy there would be no increase in the policy

Thanks

:oops:

Edited by wendyd

Think there has been a misunderstanding.

If your husband is policyholder for the car policy, then any claim under that policy would affect the van policy. The question is whether he had any insurance claims and not just whether he had an accident.

Unfortunately it is the way it works and he just needs to shop around. In these situations, where it was a named driver having the accident and not policyholder, it might be better to phone companies for quotes rather than get them online. With a human collecting the information, they might have enter more fields of data to complete than online. With more info it is possible a more competitive quote might come up.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread