mrmike vs bos

mrmike
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6365 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello everyone.

Somebody emailed me a link to the OFT ruling a fortnight or so ago. I went into speak to my local branch initially about 3 charges this month. They said they would give me 1 back. I asked for a print out of all charges. the lassie said she could only give me this years (totalling £300!). I took that anyway and she advised me to write to the manager.

I've printed out the data protection template letter from the moneysavingexpert website (as i stumbled upon it first), signed it and the £10 cheque. Going to post it/hand it in tomorrow. Which is better? the letter from this site or the mse one?

Either way, i suspect over the past 5 years i've had between 1500 and 2000 in charges. Very much hoping I'll be able to get them back! what a lovely Christmas present that would be. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Welcome MrMike! As I haven't seen the letter from MSE, can't really comment about that, but I imagine you will get the same result with either.

My advice to you would be to read, read, read all the threads and FAQs on here that you can. Make sure you're armed with all the information you can get. Its a good idea to keep a folder of links to relevant threads and info so you can refer back to it if you need to.

If you're going to post letters, make sure you do it by recorded delivery. If you hand them in directly to your branch, make sure you get a receipt.

Unfortunately, I don't think you'll be able to get a refund before Christmas, but you may have a bit extra to spend in the Sales you never know! I presume you're in Scotland? The limit on the small claims track is £750, so you may have to split your claim into smaller chunks if/when you get to court stage. Although you can ask for the full amount in your initial letters.

Anyway, all the information you need is on CAG somewhere and if you can't find what you're looking for just ask :)

Good Luck :p

~

:p I'm a lover, not a fighter... well, most of the time :razz: ~