Ford main dealer will not return my vehicle any advice please?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2416 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

My 2016 Ford Edge developed a fault that would take 2 weeks to repair

because of this it meant me, my wife, 3 children and 2 dogs could not go on our planned holiday as we were driving to Spain.

After much argument the dealer decided to lend us a demonstrator so we could still go on our holiday and the car would be covered under their insurance.

Whilst on holiday we had a small accident that meant the car went into limp mode so had no power.

it transpired that the car insurance was a motor traders policy and as such their insurance would not get us home or hire us a vehicle.

We are left high and dry in Spain 3 children and 2 dogs with no way of getting home.

during this time the Ford dealer asked me to take the car to a local Ford garage to see if the car could be taken out of limped mode.

This incurred expense of around €200 as we had to leave the car and get a taxi and the garage charged us 2 hours labour in diagnosing the fault.

Eventually the Ford garage arranged for the car to be picked up to be recovered back to the UK but we were left to sort our own way home.

I was absolutely disgusted by this and was never told when we took the car that their insurance had no provision for helping the passengers out in the event of an accident.

We are now home thank god

the Ford dealer will not release my vehicle until we pay £250 insurance excess.

I have pointed out that we were left high and dry with no assistance and that I spent over €200 getting the car looked at as per their instructions.

They are now holding me over a barrel unless we pay the excess they will not return my car.

I personally don't think they can do that because there is no outstanding bill against my car as it was repaired under warranty and the £250 excess is on a totally separate vehicle that they lent us.

If anyone has any advice on what I can do I would really appreciate it.

Have you tried complaining higher than the branch itself?

theyre prob trying to scare you because if you released the info that they gave you dud insurance,

the MD of that garage would be screwed.

They also cannot hold your car as its blackmail.. kinda.

They can release the vehicle and chase you via other means for the amount allegedly owed.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

A Ford Edge Fault which takes two weeks to repair........................

Driving to Spain...................... to see family presumably.

A demonstrator would not be insured outside the UK.

It is registered to the Dealer and outside of the UK, if anything happened you would have to prove you had the owners consent,

this is usually in the form of a copy of the V5 or a release document from the lease company.

Lucky you weren't stopped by the police.

How did a 'small accident' cause 'limp home mode'.

It is actually called LOS - Limited Operation Strategy, but an accident!!

In any event it would not be the insurers responsibility to get you home. Nor the Dealer, Nor the manufacturer.

European wide breakdown cover with recovery is widely available.

Even if you were in your own vehicle, it would be repaired locally but not necessarily recovered home.

As you damaged their uninsured demonstrator i think you should be paying the excess

After all, if it hadn't been damaged, all this wouldn't have happened and you would have had a whale of a time, albeit, uninsured, good job you never ran anyone over.

Which Dealer was it and where?

H

44 years at the pointy end of the motor trade. :eek:

GARUDALINUX.ORG

Garuda Linux comes with a variety of desktop environments like KDE, GNOME, Cinnamon, XFCE, LXQt-kwin, Wayfire, Qtile, i3wm and Sway to choose from.

Aren't you the lucky one---Dealer refusing to give you a Ford back !!

If it takes two weeks for a repair then you are better off without it.

As usual, no help whatsoever, just abuse.

H

GARUDALINUX.ORG

Garuda Linux comes with a variety of desktop environments like KDE, GNOME, Cinnamon, XFCE, LXQt-kwin, Wayfire, Qtile, i3wm and Sway to choose from.

Oh dear, the truth must hurt.

On Saturday, I visited a Ford Classic Car show near Dunfermline. Saw an immaculate 1966 Cortina 1200 with 192000 miles on the clock. OWNER had modified the engine to overcome the FORD problem with the crankshaft bearings.

This car was surrounded with other Ford models made when Ford had some idea on how to build a car. However, the quality was out shone by a few BMC cars also on show.

Why have you capitalised 'Owner' and 'Ford'. Forum etiquette would suggest you are shouting, unsurprisingly.

Anyway, all your credibility has now been shot to flames by your reference to BMC

Mods will now probably lock or delete this thread because of these responses which will be a Godsend as you spoil all you contribute to.

H

GARUDALINUX.ORG

I'm not big on etti ketti especially when it prevents me getting my point across forcibly.

The words in capitals were to highlight Ford's failure to build a proper, fit for purpose engine---3 bearing crankshafts indeed. Owners and small garages like ours had to red up Fords mess.

In the years between 1960 and 1970 BMC made much higher quality cars in the mid to large range, unlike Ford who stuck to the ancient 6 volt electrics and 3 speed gearboxes. The latter still being used in the sixties.

Your last post was exceptional for you, and far from the usual short snide remarks.