Police sold car without informing owner

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2417 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

My ex came over to see our daughter. My elder daughter lent him her car whilst he was here. It's registered to her and was SORN at the time as she was intending to sell it.

My ex got stopped for DUI and the car was taken to a garage. My daughter wasn't told about this at the the but found out 2 weeks later, we went to the garage to retrieve the car only to be told that the police had sold it!

Is this possible?

Thanks

Rebecca

I doubt it. Your daughter shouldn't take the garage's word for it. Why should they know what the police did with it? Your daughter needs to speak directly to the police to find out where the vehicle is.

Look at this document, particularly para 9.2 on page 7

http://library.college.police.uk/docs/ACPO/ACPO-uninsured-motor-vehicles-2006.pdf

Hi,

My ex came over to see our daughter. My elder daughter lent him her car whilst he was here. It's registered to her and was SORN at the time as she was intending to sell it.

My ex got stopped for DUI and the car was taken to a garage. My daughter wasn't told about this at the the but found out 2 weeks later, we went to the garage to retrieve the car only to be told that the police had sold it!

Is this possible?

Thanks

Rebecca

The car that is registered to your daughter, that is SORN, was seized by the Police because she lent it to her dad who subsequently drove it drunk, right?

She lent it to her dad whilst it was SORN, right?

And the Police haven't been in touch to charge her with any offences?

How can this be?