New Vivitar Camera from ASDA playing up **FULL REFUND GIVEN**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2399 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Sorry if this is in wrong place but need to help please re Camera I purchased.

On July 15th I purchased a Vivitar Digital camera from Asda, it worked fine for a few days, I made sure I got the right SD card for it, it is a SanDisk 16GB

The camera decided to show signs of being faulty as it kept coming up saying storage error, then got memory card full!

I was not able to use it properly while on holiday ( just got back ), it also does not always take pictures or they appear black!

I have to keep taking the battery out and put it back in and it works for a time, what I want to know is can I take it back to Asda for a replacement or refund ?

TIA

Sandy

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019

Yes

But try a diff SD card first

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

ty DX, I bought the SD card it suggested, which is a SDHC card and number 4, it worked fine when first had it but like said not any more

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019

Well any alfernate SD card will do to test its that or the camera playing up

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Agree with DX - could be the camera or could be the SD card - they do fail sometimes

If you don't have a spare SD card then take both back to Asda and ask them to check which is faulty

• Confused 1

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

thanks both, I did not get the SD card from Asda as they had none, I will see what Asda say today, I do have the receipt :)

Got full refund, my Asda said they no longer do Cameras but on walking round the store I saw the same camera still for sale. I have not bothered to get another yet but need to as have pictures on the SD card I need to take off

well done

you don't need another camera to get the photos off the SD card

go get a 50p usb converter from your local £1 store

and they

Got full refund, my Asda said they no longer do Cameras but on walking round the store I saw the same camera still for sale. I have not bothered to get another yet but need to as have pictures on the SD card I need to take off

You don't need a camera to act as the connector for a SD card to your computer, (but might want to buy another if you want another camera!).

If your computer doesn't have an SD card slot already a USB card reader will allow the computer to get the photos off a SD card.

e.g. https://www.amazon.co.uk/Release-KiWiBiRD%C2%AE-Super-Speed-Reader-Supports-USB-3-0-white/dp/B01E4MEZX2/ref=sr_1_1?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1504451609&sr=1-1&keywords=sd

Edited: dx's pound store suggestion is cheaper!, but amazon deliver ....