Barclays debt

cutecookie92
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2398 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'm 24

i have a 1 year old and am suffering with depression

I'm on universal credits

I'm nearly £6k in debt with Barclays and can not afford to pay it as they add £60 of interest every month so I'm only paying the interest off can anyone help ??

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Welcome to CAG - Good thing you've reached out to us.

Its up to you how you want to play this. However 1st thing to do is to open up a parachute account with another bank...

Then move your benefits over etc and then play ball with Barclays... Trust me - You need to do this before otherwise you will suffer badly.

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

You must listen to the advice given to you .

The most important think for you to do is move your current away from Barclay as the can quite legally take money from that account to pay toward your other debts with them.

It may be nice that they cover your mobile phone but if you check on your statements there is probably a charge for this listed separately its whats known as a packaged account.

Also if you want to insure your phone it is cheaper to do it yourself.

Barclays are one off the worst banks for offsetting

Banks are only your friend when they can make money from your account they will not give a damn f the money they take is from Benefits .

All they are interested in is getting their money

.When they cannot get their hands on it YOU can dictate how much you can pay.

Your credit rating is already affected as Barclays will have already been reporting the state of your Credit Card debt the various agencies ie Experian Call Credit Etc

Unfortunately you will set yourself up for a fall... Other banks do package accounts which insure your phone etc...

If you slip behind with payments then you will have AP markers - Arrangement to pay...

NOT GOOD!

Listen to us on this one...

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Get your money out of their hands

Take control!!

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi CC,

They'll keep charging interest until something changes.

You can keep paying until you can't afford it, or the bank or credit card decides to call in the debt. At that stage, they'll take any money you have and won't care much if it leaves you with nothing. And your credit rating will get trashed inevitably unless your income increases.

You can insure your phone for about a fiver a month - you don't need the bank to cover this for you and I bet you're paying an account fee to get this "freebie".

Re your bank a/c -

1. Do you owe money on an o/draft.

2. Is it authorised, or not.

Re the CCard -

3. Is it a Barclaycard.

4. Are you within the limit.

5. Have you suffered many default charges over the last few years.

Answer each point please but I think you need to sort a parachute a/c asap and get your money paid into an a/c where it's out of Barclays' reach.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)