Employment start and end dates issue

Madder13
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2423 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there,

I am being asked by the passport office to provide start and end dates of my first two jobs (I don't have the P45s or payslips from these years, I do have P60s). I contacted the HMRC (SARS team) and was sent a letter with all my jobs listed but no dates to them. After another conversation with them they sent me a second letter with only few leave dates. Now, I used facebook messenger to chat with one of the HMRC people today and asked about this. I was told that HMRC may not hold any records regarding the start and end date of employments if the employer didn't provide them with such. I am trying to figure out how can I get this information (may I add that both employers are not in business anymore) and if HMRC can provide anything else that could show the required dates. I paid NI and Tax from the start and the letter shows that but it doesn't show from when I started or when I finished paying them.

Could anyone shed some advise?

Thanks in advance, Mad.