Default filed by bt at old address on credit report, but I DID inform them!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2401 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

I'll keep this as short as I can and bullet point as much as possible.

* Account opened with BT in 2015, solely for broadband but also had a phone

* Moved house during contract (August 2015), had to move out quickly and last minute due to job change

* BT could not provide a service to our new house so I moved to virgin

* Few weeks after moving, I contacted BT with regards to paying contract out early, as I didn't have my customer account number or phone number I was advised to write a letter for it

* Drafted a letter in September 2015 to the complaints department in Durham advising of the house move and also requesting my account number to pay the contract out

I still have a copy of the letter and also a copy of the receipt.

The receipt clearly shows the date and the post code of the complaints department, however the tracking number is now invalid (I assume they expire after a certain time)

So. I heard nothing from the letter, and as far as I knew I didn't sign a credit agreement and it never showed up on my Experian.

So assumed it went away

Last week I checked my Equifax report as I'm buying a house, there is a default notice from BT served in February 2016 to my old address.

I have lodged a dispute with Equifax, lodged a complaint with BT, and currently awaiting the outcome, but wondering if I have a case for removal on the basis that I still have a copy of the letter informing of house move and requesting account number, as well as a receipt of postage on the same day (5th September 2015)

Thanks guys

If BT had your new address then they should have contacted you. Sending a default notice to wrong address meant you could not deal with it.

BT should remove the default and it can be done quickly if they want to. Don't be fobbed off that it can takes weeks.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread