Xercise4Less , Harlands and Credit Resolution Services

khiz13
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2398 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Just looking for some advice before I decide to contact/ pay CRS.

I took out a 12 month membership with Xercise4Less, last year in jan 2016 but didn't really use it so decided to cancel.

I wanted to cancel half way through the membership but I was told by a staff member that I was in a 12 month contract.

I asked how to cancel my membership and I was told I had to give 30days notice.

I asked if I can give my notice on the telephone now 6 month in which is ample notice,

I was told I was not able to do that.,

the agent replied “no” and I had to give my notice 1 week in to December 2016 , which I did.

Soon after I started receiving letters from Harlands,

I contacted the gym they were not able to help,

they said they would investigate with the head office,

and was told repeatedly that someone would call me back.

No one ever did.

Meanwhile Harlands kept adding on charges saying “they were disappointed that I did not contact them” and they kept increasing the debt by adding charges.

This was a lie since I contact them every time I received the letter telling them that I have been in touch with xercise4less repeatedly and they repeatedly keep promising to investigate and call back but they never do.

Soon after I started receiving letters from CRS and My debt kept on increasing.

But still no one from Xercise4less was willing to explain or help.

I sent a letter to Pay 9.99 but I still don’t agree I owe them this, but to stop this harassment I made an offer. See letter below .

Despite been told to send letters to my new address, they still sending letter to my old house.

Can someone advice.

In the last conversation I told them that they need to send me a copy of my agreement and a copy of my cancellation form I filled in online.

And they still have not sent that, instead they just send another threatening letter promising court action.

Please help.

Thank you

CRS letter 3.pdf

ignore now

they are all the same lot same desk.

doesn't say will anything if you read it properly!!

a DCA is NOT A BAILIFF

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi Khiz and welcome to CAG

See the guide here for anfo about if, when and how if you could have cancelled - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?452671-Cancelling-your-Gym-Agreement-Get-it-right-!(1-Viewing)-nbsp

Q. When did you last pay Harlands ?

Do NOT contact Harlands/CRS at all for now and IGNORE any demand or attempt to call or text you.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

[Q

Hi , thank you for your reply .

I think I last paid on the 28th of November. I filled an online cancellation on around 3/4 of December . They are saying I owe them another months membership. They took two payments on January and the November payments makes it 12 payments in total. I have been trying to explain this to xercise4less but no one seems to be investigating and contacting me back as they promise they would. In my last conversation with CRS I asked for a copy of my contract and my cancellation request and still waiting .

Regards

Khiz13

Hi Khiz,

I've been through the documents you attached but I've unapproved the attachment now as you left your surname visible throughout.

The gym was made aware long ago (6 months in) that you wanted to cancel the m/ship. You did NOT need to use the gym's online system to cancel.

According to Harlands/CRS, you joined on 28/12/15. So the last payment needed was 28/11/16 which you paid. You offered to pay a further£9.99 to keep Harlands/CRS happy but they sent your cheque back.

You don't need to argue or discuss this any further with Harlands/CRS. Don't call them for any reason.

The only you should do now is send Harlands/CRS the following letter :-

Dear Harlands/CRS,

X4Les ref: W11426900

I refer to previous communications about the alleged gym m/ship debt.

Despite me telling you my new address on several occasions, you've continued to write to my old address.

My current address is :-

xxxxx

xxxxx

xxxxx

If you write to me at the old address again, a formal complaint will be made to the ICO.

Use the current address if you want but I will not pay you anything more, either in gym fees or your admin fees.

Yours sincerely,

Khiz

Get (and keep) a free Certificate of Posting at the PO when you send this.

You'll see from other threads here that Harlands/CRS do NOT take the actions they so often threaten. It's time you treat them with the contempt they deserve by simply ignoring them.

:-)

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thank you slick132.

I shall send them the letter you suggest. I can't believe how helpful these companies have been. I feel like taking them to court. I feel that in today's hi tech world companies should not need 30 days notice a few days should be enough , if they can open a membership and take payments instently they should have no problem cancelling with a few days notice.

Thank you . I shall keep you informed of what happens next .

Hi Khiz,

Taking them to court could well be an option if they continue to harass you. You have every chance of success and we'd assist in guiding you through the process.

Other threads here refer to this option where you would seek nominal damages from the court for harassment.

In the meantime, send the letter and keep us updated.

;-)