Car rolled into mine?

vengeancedemon
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2402 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I had parked properly in a bay at surgery waiting room car park and was just about to go in when a car from almost opposite bay reversed out into centre ( apparently to make space to turn and exit) BUT they kept coming.

I sounded my horn but nothing happened and then they came to a stop on my NS front wing/door junction. No driver in car obviously failed to set handbrake.

My damage is very slight, will probably polish out ( fairly old car anyway)

I took photographs and went for appt.

Made enquiries in waiting room, no takers.

Had appointment, about 30 minutes and still the other car resting against mine, so with assistance pushed it clear and left my details.

Should I inform my insurers?

They are such that I feel it will open up the usual can of inefficiency, stupidity and it was my fault for being parked in a bay etc.

I would estimate cost of my repair to be say £20 can of paint and a couple of hours rubbing down etc.

I have no details of the 3rd party an they have, as yet not contacted me

Any cctv etc? This is what you pay your insurer for, to deal with things like this.

if you are sure it will polish out, then its up to you if you want to go through your insurer. Especially if theres no other damage. As for the third party, you just give the details to the police ( if they drove off) and your insurer.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Any cctv etc? This is what you pay your insurer for, to deal with things like this.

if you are sure it will polish out, then its up to you if you want to go through your insurer. Especially if theres no other damage. As for the third party, you just give the details to the police ( if they drove off) and your insurer.

Not sure Police will be interested in a driver not putting on a handbrake properly and the car then hittlng another.

I would not be making any phone calls about this. See if the third party contacts you. If they don't then just carry out a basic repair. It is an old car, so should not affect value too much.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Not sure Police will be interested in a driver not putting on a handbrake properly and the car then hitting another. Theyd be interested in the driver making off without reporting it or giving details.

I would not be making any phone calls about this. See if the third party contacts you. If they don't then just carry out a basic repair. It is an old car, so should not affect value too much.

All depends if the OP asked the driver for them.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

Renegadeimp Suggest you re-read OP's explanation of what happened! Driverless vehicle made low impact contact in a private car park. driver of offending vehicle not known.

Whilst the Police would be interested if this had happened on the public road, or if there had been injuries, a report to them would just be noted.

As far as insurance is concerned, I would not contact them as the potential affect on your premium could far outway the value of the repair especially if they are looking for the slightest reason to increase, if indeed the OP is bothered by the slight damage. Could be looked upon as similar to a pushchair scuff in a supermarket car park.

I take it that the driver of the offending vehicle was not a patient of the surgery?

Be thankful it was not one of a convoy of three lorries. [urlhtml"]http://https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/selfdriving-lorries-to-hit-uk-roads-from-next-year-despite-experts-safety-fears-a3619651.html[/url]

My time as a Police Officer and subsequently time working within the Motor Trade gives me certain insights into the problems that consumers may encounter.

I have no legal qualifications.

If you have found my post helpful, please enhance my reputation by clicking on the Heart. Thank you

Renegadeimp Suggest you re-read OP's explanation of what happened! Driverless vehicle made low impact contact in a private car park. driver of offending vehicle not known.

Whilst the Police would be interested if this had happened on the public road, or if there had been injuries, a report to them would just be noted.

As far as insurance is concerned, I would not contact them as the potential affect on your premium could far outway the value of the repair especially if they are looking for the slightest reason to increase, if indeed the OP is bothered by the slight damage. Could be looked upon as similar to a pushchair scuff in a supermarket car park.

I take it that the driver of the offending vehicle was not a patient of the surgery?

Be thankful it was not one of a convoy of three lorries. [urlhtml"]http://https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/selfdriving-lorries-to-hit-uk-roads-from-next-year-despite-experts-safety-fears-a3619651.html[/url]

hence why i said "

if you are sure it will polish out, then its up to you if you want to go through your insurer."

If you really want to claim for repair costs, just contact the DVLA via form V888 to get the registered keeper details of the other vehicle. Once you have their name/address, write to them with the photos and ask them for reimbursement.

If they don't pay then it's up to you how hard you want to chase them...

Could get the info that way if they wanted, but it only gives the name of the RK not the driver.

besides, as started originally, its a tiny cosmetic damage, and easy to fix for no cost. Op is best repairing and forgetting.