• Tweets

• Update 15th March the eviction notice period expired, and I paid my next month rent along with sending them the message discussed above. After a short while they just emailed me back this dry phrase "Thank you for your email." In two weeks' time I'm gonna need to pay the rent again, and I have such a feeling that shortly after that date the contracts will be exchanged and all the payments will be made.  Now my main concern is, if possible, not to end up paying rent after I move out.  
    • they cant 'take away' anything, what ever makes you believe that?  dx  
    • The text on the N1SDT Claim Form 1.The claim is for breaching the terms and conditions set on private land. 2. The defendant's vehicle, NumberPlate, was identified in the Leeds Bradford Airport Roadways on the 28/07/2023 in breach of the advertised terms and conditions; namely Stopping in a zone where stopping is prohibited 3.At all material times the Defendant was the registered keeper and/or driver. 4. The terms and conditions upon  entering private land were clearly displayed at the entrance and in prominent locations 5. The sign was the offer and the act of entering private land was the acceptance of the offer hereby entering into a contract by conduct. 6.The signs specifically detail the terms and conditions and the consequences of failure to comply,  namely a parking charge notice will be issued, and the Defendant has failed to settle the outstanding liability. 7.The claimant seeks the recovery of the parking charge notice, contractual costs and interest.   This is what I am thinking of for the wording of my defence The Defendant contends that the particulars of claim are vague and are generic in nature which fails to comply with CPR 16.4. The Defendant accordingly sets out its case below and relies on CPR r 16.5 (3) in relation to any particular allegation to which a specific response has not been made. 1. Paragraph 1 is denied. It is denied that the Defendant ever entered into a contract to breach any terms and conditions of the stated private land. 2. Paragraph 2 and 4 are denied. As held by the Upper Tax Tribunal in Vehicle Control Services Limited v HMRC [2012] UKUT 129 (TCC), any contract requires offer and acceptance. The Claimant was only contracted to provide car park management services and is not capable of entering into a contract with the Defendant on its own account, as the car park is owned by and the terms of entry set by the landowner. 3. It is admitted that Defendant is the recorded keeper of the vehicle. 4.  Paragraph 6 is denied the claimant has yet to evidence that their contract with the landowner supersedes  Leeds Bradford airport byelaws. Further it is denied that the Claimant’s signage is capable of creating a legally binding contract. 5. Paragraph 7 is denied, there are no contractual costs and interest cannot be accrued on a speculative charge.   I'm not sure whether point 4 is correct as I think this side road is not covered by byelaws? Any other suggestions/corrections would be appreciated.
    • Dear EVRi parcelnet LTD t/a evri   evri parcelnet isnt a thing also you say defendant's response which is a bit of a weird format.   Something like   Dear EVRi, Claim no xxxx In your defence you said you could not access tracking. Please see attached receipt and label Regards
    • Welcome to the Forum I have moved your topic to the appropriate forum  Residential and Commercial lettings/Freehold issues Please continue to post here.   Andy
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Disabled with debts

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2267 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone,

been searching through the forums looking for answers to my debt worries, my head is swimming with information.

My story starts approx six years ago when due to ill health of my partner I gave up work to look after her,

unable to feed herself or do just the basic things that you and I take for granted,

our lives changed rapidly for ever and with this came the debt worries so I was able to freeze the interest six years ago and begun paying the nominal £1.00 for each debt every month.

Slowly but surely this year most of our creditors have dropped off the credit files with me having just two left that come off in May 2018, and my partner has just one left.

Could you advise on this:

1.My partner's credit file shows just one creditor left on her file but there is no default date, therefore, I assume it will stay there for ever unless settled.

it is shown as being owned by a DCA. and not the original creditor. How do I proceed to get it removed?

2. Assuming that all the creditors are gone from our credit files ie all older than six years do we continue to pay the £1.00 for ever to the DCA's or can I stop, I have never missed the payments with the DCA's are the debts un-enforceable now?

we have no CCJ or been to court I presume because of our circumstances.

I thank you in advance for your help.

1) is this because of the £1 payments showing it as an account as still live and not defaulted ? Did the original creditor ever issue a default notice ? Suggest you contact the original creditor to ask for details of the default notice issued and then ask the DCA to amend the credit record with the default date. Once the correct default is noted, it will drop off after 6 years.

2) paying the £1 nomimal payments just extends the enforceable period in regard to statute of limitations. If you stopped paying, then whoever owned the debt could apply for a CCJ. Dropping off the credit record does not mean it has gone away. If a CCJ was obtained that can be added to the credit record.

I think you should list brief details of the debts e.g. Original creditor, type of debt e.g credit card, loan type, current account, month/year approx when the original account was taken out, approx amount, who owns the debt DCA or OC and when last payment made. With this info you can get more advice.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

list your debts please

what type of credit

who was the original creditor

who you pay now

outstanding amount

I suspect they are now unenforceable anyway.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thank you for quick replies,

I will go away now and compile an up to date lists of debts,

can you confirm,

what is the difference between statute of limitations and unenforceable,

I have always paid the £1.00 to all of the creditors I am unable to go down the statute of limitations route,

what is the unenforceable route,

what does it really mean?

ever asked whom you pay if they have a copy of the agreement you signed ALL those years ago.

sorry but this smells of Cash cowing by the DCA's to me

they ARE NOT BAILIFFS!!

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thank you for quick replies,

I will go away now and compile an up to date lists of debts,

can you confirm,

what is the difference between statute of limitations and unenforceable,

I have always paid the £1.00 to all of the creditors I am unable to go down the statute of limitations route,

what is the unenforceable route,

what does it really mean?

A debt can be unenforceable for a number of reasons e.g. The debt owner can't comply with a request for a copy of the CCA. There might be issues with the way the original creditor dealt with you.

List your debts first and then we can start the process.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Shockingly I don't know who owns all these debts they are just s/o out of the banks to different companies. Should I stop them all and wait for the letters?

Partners Debts are:

3000.00 HFC BANK OWNED BY UNKNOWN

1200.00 JOHN LEWIS OWNED BY JOHN LEWIS

5000.00 HSBC CC OWNED BY RMA RESOLVE

7200.00 BARCLAY CC OWNED BY CABOT

3000.00 AMEX CC OWNED BY AIC

2000.00 VIRGIN CC OWNED BY METROPOLITAN

MY DEBTS:

12982.00 BLACK HORSE OWNED BY TBC

5773.15 SAINSBURY CC OWNED BY ARROW GLOBAL

2500.00 VANQUIS CC OWNED BY TBC

1060.00 NATWEST BANK OWNED BY TBC

900.00 AQUA CC OWNED BY TBC

300.00 ELEPHANT INS OWNED BY TBC

250.00 T MOBILE OWNED BY TBC

Check your credit records to see what is on there. Your Bank can supply you with details of the S/Os you have set. The companies you are paying should be sending you statements at least once a year.

Come back once you have more info.

It would be a big help, if you supplied info on when roughly you took out these accounts.

Don't stop payments yet or you risk getting into trouble e.g CCJ's.

then IMHO stop ALL payments NOW

you'll soon get the fleecers sending deforestation through your door

and then we'll deal with each one as they come.

who is TBC?

and they

wasn't sure thought so.

can I just check something else

were all these debts taken out whilst you two were resident where you are now?

and they

ok good so no fleecer can go for backdoor CCJ's.

well i'll stick with what I said above then.

stop payments to everyone no matter who they are on that list of debts you've put up.

wont hurt you nor them.

then you'll be able to get a grip on who actually thinks you owe them money

and put them to strict proof.

once you start getting the world forest through you do door

pop up here..

one VERY IMPORTANT BIT OF ADVISE

DO NOT ANSWER THE PHONE TO ANY OF THEM

IF THEY DO RING SIMPLY STATE WRITING ONLY

PUT THE PHONE DOWN.

you are under NO LEGAL OBLIGATION WHATSOVER

to speak about your debts over the phone

nor at your door.

golden rule two.

A DCA IS NOT A BAILIFF

they have

NO SUCH LEGAL POWERS WHATSOEVER.

dx

and they

Evening guys,

all s/o now cancelled and we await the forest to land through the post box,

in the mean time I've been doing more reading here and need to understand the procedure,

if I am right who ever writes from the DCA's I then send them a CCA request and wait for their response,

if no CCA then no pay.

In the mean time, I have studied the credit reports,

interestingly the only one on my partners is Cabot financial but there is no default date on it and suspect that is an error, is it possible to get it corrected?

Thanks in advance...

you'd need to write to the ORIGINAL CREDITOR re the default.

i'd not blindly go replying to any letters till we SEE THEM please

and they

• 2 weeks later...

can we see the letters please first before you do anything.

start a new thread in the forum of the name of the original creditor

off the top left main forum tab.

scan the letter to PDF and upload it

and they

Is this not the sainsbury card

Check the balance they are after against that list above

and they

check their ref numbers with what you know

and they

ignore

they don't own the debt

until/unless the owner responds with an enforceable agreement and we see it

if 12+2 working days have expired you could stop payments to them.

and they

they are asking you to lend them the rope so they can hang you.

If you dont respond they are stuck without a clue as to whether they have a good or bad debt

and want you to tell them everything so they can add it to their file and then claim they knew that all along.

They have a fixed time to either put up or shut up and they know it.