Been given a pcn parking on path with scooter

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2422 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I been given pcn for parking on path when me and I've seen others do it without issue and it says I was parked in disabled parking bay and didn't display disabled badge.

How can I be given a pcn when it's a path I was parked on and this other guy laughed saying that's taking the mick so he rode off as he didn't want to get one

Anyway I bumped into one of the traffic wardens and he rang her up and she admitted I wasn't parked In the bay and she said I shouldn't be on the path and he admitted it should be squashed but he can't do anything about it and said I will after appeal I'm wondering where do I stand

I rang the pcn number but they wasn't instrested

I was parked across from the broadway pub in accrington Lancashire if you look google maps

All normal parking restrictions apply to mobility scooters and powered wheelchairs.

Your vehicle shouldn’t be left on a footpath or pedestrian area on its own if it gets in the way of other pedestrians, including wheelchair users and people with prams or pushchairs.

https://www.gov.uk/mobility-scooters-and-powered-wheelchairs-rules/driving-on-footpaths-and-parking

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Oh OK, I get you now, but I would like to think that the same rules apply, pavements are for people.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Parking bays unlike yellow lines only cover the area inside the bay not the footway. It sounds like you parked next to a disabled bay and the warden was even being vexatious or was not trained properly as they should know that whilst parking on the footway is anti social in the vast majority of the uk its legal.

just that I seen many others use it without issue and i done it many times but never had a warden say anything and i seen many other places where motorcycles and scooters park on paths

i even found a warden after i got the pcn but he didn't put the pcn on my scooter and he rang the women and he said why you put it down as parking in disabled bay and

she replied because he was parked on the path and he said really it should be squashed but cant do anything and just said appeal and see what happens

i think she just wants commission if they get any

as i not sure if council might find a loophole to say i shouldn't park on the path section and might after pay the full £70 rather then £35

update rang them the price wont change its on hold and he even said she must of put the wrong section code as i can see you wasn't in the disabled parking bay

but i guess i just after wait for the outcome

the PCN will have a code and if they used the wrong code to match the claimed infringement then they have to cancel as that infringement didnt occur.

The warden can put more than one code if you are breaking several rules but they cant use the notion that any code will cover all events..

You will have to appeal in writing, phoning them up isnt part of the appeals procedure.