Parcelhero / Myhermes help!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2403 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'll try to keep this as brief and simple as possible for ease of reading.

I sent an item to a seamstress to carry out some work for me.

The item was sent through ParcelHero using the myHermes courier.

It was scheduled to be delivered on Saturday 19th August.

The item was packaged appropriately with the address clearly marked.

On the morning of delivery I received an email notification to say that the item has been successfully delivered.

After a week of not hearing anything from the recipient, I contacted her to check on its progress.

Initially she told me that she had not received the item but after some investigating with her neighbour's she potentially managed to track it down.

Her neighbour believed that her husband had taken receipt of the parcel and had placed it in his car boot.

I can only presume that the courier caught the neighbour in the driveway at the time of delivery.

I cannot understand why the item was not delivered to the specified address as according to the recipient she was in that day.

The recipient has not managed to get the parcel back.

Her neighbour's have not been around for the past week despite her leaving a note at their address asking them to return the parcel to her.

What makes it worse is that if you check the online tracking it says the item was delivered to the recipient's letter box.

I can't understand how the item would ever have fitted in her letter box as it was a large parcel!

I am livid!!! The item holds huge sentimental value and is expensive.

I never asked for the item to be delivered to an alternative address, especially when no calling card was left.

Also it should never have been marked as posted through letterbox when there was no way it would have fitted!

In the meantime the recipient is keeping an eye out in case they return but I am very concerned.

Mainly because according to the tracking the item has been delivered.

What happens if the recipient is unable to obtain the parcel from her neighbour?

If I put in a claim would it be accepted because technically the item has been delivered!

Any advice would be most appreciated. Thank you.

Yes, you can put in a claim if you can bring reasonably convincing evidence that the tem was not correcly delivered.