style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2428 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I had contents cover with morethan for one year from November 2015 after which i moved to RAC (though i had forgotten about this as most people do with the passage of time and dealing with different companies).

I received a letter at the beginning of August from morethan stating that my renewal was due August 19th and i wouldn't be covered after this date. I had no reason to believe this was incorrect but the price was extremely high so i went on a comparison site and renewed with Churchill.

I was just checking my saved e-mails and saw one from RAC dated November 2016 about contents insurance. Thus i now realise that due to the letter i was sent that i now have two policies running for slightly over 3 months.

Obviously i'm not very happy and have sent morethan an email but have yet to receive a reply. Effectively i'm £20 out of pocket and am very suspicious of how their system could make such a mistake.

Is it worth reporting this and if so who should i contact?

IMO it is the Insured's resp to read & complete the Proposal form & accept it's T&C's.

An Insurer need only refund only unused portion of current Premium, less any min charge for current year. Taking out 2 sep Co Policies for same year, tough luck & only 1 Co was liable to pay for any claim.

No claim during year and you have paid twice for cover.

If we make a mistake why should we expect a refund?

ALWAYS reject auto renewal.

IMO it is the Insured's resp to read & complete the Proposal form & accept it's T&C's.

An Insurer need only refund only unused portion of current Premium, less any min charge for current year. Taking out 2 sep Co Policies for same year, tough luck & only 1 Co was liable to pay for any claim.

No claim during year and you have paid twice for cover.

If we make a mistake why should we expect a refund?

ALWAYS reject auto renewal.

Does not work quite like that. If you have several insurances covering same risk, if there is a claim event, then details of all policies held would have to be provided. The Insurers would share in the claim settlement. It would be tough luck that more than one risk premium had been paid.

If there was dual insurance for a few months due to an error, provided there is no claim during the period, then on receipt of proof of alternative Insurance, the previous Insurers would normally backdate cancellation to the renewal date and refund the few months paid. If there was dual insurance over a longer period, both insurers on receipt of the other insurers details, would normally refund 50% of the premium. There is a dual insurance process to go through.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread