No access to online banking

idkwhat
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2429 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

There are a lot of intricate details to this, so I am going to assume everybody is familiar with how the mobile banking app works independently and in relation with online banking on the website.

I'm in a desperate situation. I have literally ZERO access to my online banking.

My phone broke the other day so I'm borrowing one of my friends old ones, temporarily. I had an iPhone and this is an Android and thus I couldn't use iCloud to restore most of my information. Therein lies the issue. My old phone had all of my banking details on it. The only ones readily available to me are my account number, sort code and my cards. That being said, here's the situation:

I am a student and need to start paying rent for my accommodation for September by the end of the month and so I need to set up a standing order. The HSBC mobile banking app crashes on this phone and therefore I have no access to my security code generator. This narrows my method of access to my account to answering security questions, using a password that I do not have access to, and my memorable word, which ironically, I do not remember. My memorable word is one of two options and I can't tell which it is.

I tried accessing my accounts through memorable word + password and I couldn't remember my password. In the process. I am now locked out. The only method to access my accounts, therefore, is through customer service.

Kid you not, as if this couldn't get any more complicated - after entering my sort code and account number in the phone, they asked for my DOB and now miraculously it does not match what is on their system (this has never happened before in the 4 years I've been banking with HSBC and this detail has never been changed).

So:

I can't use the app because it crashes

My details are on iCloud and I do not currently have access to them, thereby meaning I cannot use Mobile Banking or Online Banking in Browser

I urgently need to make a payment or I am literally screwed

Everything that can go wrong has gone wrong, including alterations to my personal details which should never have happened

That being said, the last solution is to go to my local branch and present myself in person. To gain access to my details and unblock myself from my online banking etc. That being said, what is the process like? Do I need anything other than my ID? Is there ANYTHING else I can do? My car is in for repairs on Saturday, and I'm working every day except Saturday - so I may not even be able to reach a branch before I go to Uni and inevitably end up being homeless HELP!

Edited by idkwhat

just go thru to a human being on the banking phoneline

it used to be keep hitting the # key

and it simply bottoms out to a human

should be able to do it now they are 24/7

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

just go thru to a human being on the banking phoneline

it used to be keep hitting the # key

and it simply bottoms out to a human

should be able to do it now they are 24/7

I had no idea!

I called and they didn't let me talk to anyone till I entered my sort code, account no., and DOB - my DOB didn't match their records :/

I'll try this tomorrow after work, thanks!

Apart from assorted plastic and on-line/telephone banking, my Bank provided me with an old-fashioned cheque book for payments and a Standing Order can be set up on phone/in Branch if you know rel bank details.

What DID we do before the internet, ATMs & smartphones?