1plus1 loans - guarantor loan

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2161 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Advice needed please

Payment due end of month, contacted them yesterday to advise of a £600 unexpected bill this month within 2 minutes into the call I was informed it was a fraudulent application and funds were obtained under false pretence, even though the loan has been active and paid in full for 6 months

These comments angered me and the firm are refusing to allow a reduced payment and are adamant they will collect off the guarantor using CPA. Guarantor is fully aware of situation.

My question

how can they justify such comments and criminal accusations when they are simply contacted regarding a one off large unexpected expense?

What can a consumer borrower reasonably expect from a lender regarding a reduced payment when occurring a large one off expense?

Surely they have some obligation to review under the consumer credit act?

Pretty much what youd expect from a backstreet lender. Even if you cant meet repayments, they have to come to an arrangement, and if payment is not made under that arrangement, then the guarantor is chased. Not even amigo does what these muppets are doing.

Plus its all said on the phone anyway so unless it was recorded, they would just say " sorry, no idea what youre talking about"

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

The only way you could pass affordability is if you were to lie about your expenditure.

This is probably the reason the word “False pretences” was used.

They have followed it up via email as I stated surely you have to allow for emergency expense and the above was their reply.

I can't see a way to resolve well it's going to be lengthy 8 weeks complaint then to fos for review.

Regarding your other comments,

I also explained the process of defaulting on the loan and if you cancel the CPA that you and your guarantor MUST provide an alternate method of repayment.

These are your contractual obligations.

I also offered you a full settlement figure which would deduct nearly £2000 from your total outstanding debt.

I have copied our complaints team into this email chain so they can begin initial investigation into your query and reply in due course.

Kindest regards,

Kevin

The company believe a settlement is the solution at a time I express hardship

Theyre scaring you> Thats why this shady company are telling you all this on the phone but would NEVER put it in writing. If they did, theyd be shut down in a heartbeat.

• Confused 1

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

How would you advise I proceed?

Looking at posts on here irresponsible lending may be applicable as my credit is in ruin and this loan was used to pay off other debt.

I'm so aggrieved one phonecall has resulted in such comments they are responsible for the relationship breaking down

very doubtful a company like that would ever record their calls, but it doesnt hurt to try.

• 3 weeks later...

Payment was taken off the guarantor on Sep 1st despite me paying £160 of the required £236.

I had requested the shortfall was added to the next payment.

The business have failed to act sensitively when suffering payment difficulties what and who can I escalate this to?

This is unreal it's not like no payment at all was not made.

I am livid

FOS time?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I have emailed the FOS unsure if they will get involved as have not had a final response from the creditor they advise 8 weeks.

I have simply encoutered a large vet bill surely these companies have to be prepared for unexpected expense.

All the business will say is "it's a guarentor loan you cant pay they pay"

The guatentor had also withdrawn their CPA and requested formal communication is forthcoming should the loan fall behind again

Do you have an active complaint with them at the moment? If so then maybe try escalating your comments to the CEO / MD - They are not that big of a firm so he should personally read it - He may intervene.

Gary Mckenna - [email protected]

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

cant wait to see it.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

One multipage pdf only please!!

read upload

and they

You can get a PDF from the ombudsman Decisions Website :)

Might be easier then pulling all these together - Tell me where it is and ill go find it :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Oh man - Reading this says what i said all along... IF its not affordable - You shouldn't be lent too...

ESPECIALLY WITH GUARANTOR LOANS!!!

The risk is higher with these loans... And just because its backed up by a guarantor doesnt mean that you should be lent to based upon their credit history.

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

It's not published on there yet, latest on website is February.

It's important to note this was a battle, adjuicator agreed with business.

A provisional decision was done and now a final, the ombudsman took 18 months of bank statements.

I have not heard from 1 plus 1 since this decison, they defaulted the loan formally 3 days before it was issued

Oh well played... Can I ask 2 things though...

1. Can we use you as an example for the CAG Irresponsible Lending Guide? You would offer hope to so many people

2. How do you feel after it all?

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Finally a 3rd thing... Would you mind downloading office lens for android or IOs... And taking those images again... It will line it up for you x

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

I'll upload it as a pdf tomorrow when I get on laptop.

Check admin emails.

Of course you can share it as I said previously this is a breakthrough decision and common sense has previalied.

If this outcome encourages one other to escalate matters then that's me happy.

When I initially called them and advised of financial difficulty they accused me of obtaining the loan by fraud false pretences

I've done it for you

and they