Lowells chasing debt but claim already dismissed in court

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2409 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Last year Lowells lodged a county court claim against my wife for money she clearly did not owe.

We defended the claim in the county court and Lowell's claim was dismissed in December 2016.

In February 2017, to my astonishment (although I'm not sure why - its Lowells after all)

they started chasing the same money all over again through the usual letters.

The most recent one was today, where they very generously offered us a 60% discount on the debt the county court says we don't owe them.

Surely there must be some course of action we can take ? Any and all suggestions welcomed.

Cheers,

Dave

Write to them, tell them what youve said and tell them in no uincertain terms that any future contact will be treated as harassment, and a letter of complaint is being sent to the FCA and the FOS.

They know its unenforceable, but theyre blinded by greed so are trying to get you to give them anything they can get.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Lowell do have a complaints department, so send them a complaint letter. If they don't respond, you can go to the FOS, as they will accept complaints against DCA's.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Do you still have a copy of the courts decision? If so, send lowells a copy of it. But address it to their complaints department and make sure its nice and clearly titled " NOTICE OF FORMAL COMPLAINT". That way they cant try and say they never got it or didnt know it was a genuine complaint.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

who said they cant write to you?

just because the case was dismissed it doesn't wipe the debt out ..

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...