Rear ended - 3rd parties trying to claim of my insurance - cotswold group investigati

sytra
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2409 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Just over a week ago we were involved in a 3 vehicle collision. While stationary / crawling pace in a queue of traffic when we heard screech of tyres, i looked in the mirror and saw the 3rd parties car speeding up behind us. I was a good 12 foot or so from the car infront so when the 3rd party hit us i managed somehow to swerve and avoid the car infront however the 3rd party planted himself in her rear end.

The police etc arrived and took a witnesses details then told them to leave. I advised my insurance of the accident and the other party details. However, both the other parties involve are trying to claim of my insurance (they are both with Hastings), the car that hit us is claiming we caused the accident and the car infront claiming injuries. My car was written off, and waiting on the payout from 3rd party.

1, we were either stationary or just going really slow I cant remember.

2, the car that hit us was doing approx 50 - 60mph.

3, we never hit the car in front.

We now have Cotswold Private investigators coming to interview me over insurance fraud!!!!

I have pics of the accident showing 3rd party car destroyed at front, 3rd party (2) rear end damage and my car rear end damage and front end perfect (so showing i didn't hit the car in front). I also have txt messages from the driver infront saying she had pics of the car that hit her and it is the 3rd parties car.

How can Hastings really try and wriggle out of this one by passing fault onto us and making us feel like criminals ok it is my insurance organising the fraud investigators, but still feel like we are being blamed.

Have they actually said to you that they are investigating you for fraud ?

Cotswold group might investigate fraud as part of their work, but does not mean it is you they suspect. It might be the other drivers they think are involved in causing deliberate accidents in order to make fraudulent Insurance claims. It is possible that the other car drivers are known to Insurers as being involved in crash for cash accidents. This might be why Cotswold group are coming to see you to collect your information about the accident.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Hi, they have not actually said it but it is just the way they didn't give me any info, all they said was 2 claims had been made against me, 1 for damage caused by collision (3rd party) and 2 injury claims from the people in the front car (3rd party 2), got to have 2 hour intetview, 1 about me and my integrity and the car and 1 about the accident itself.

I sent them the pics of the cars and text message but still needs to be investigated. Why i don't know because the pics clearly show my car is only damaged at the rear (front still perfcet condition), the front car only has rear damage, the car that hit us the front end is almost in the passenger seat, his car was also a cat c in 2016.

We are not claiming injuries even though we both had a bit of shoulder pain from the seat belts and back pain but as its going now don't see the need to claim. The claims co the insurance used (not claiming on my own insurance) are just waiting on the settlement cheque for my car as it is a cat c write off.

I would not worry about it.

As i say, it might be the other drivers names have come up on Insurance databases as having accidents and therefore your Insurers suspect fraud.

The accident you describe is fairly typical of a crash for cash staged accident.

Just provide Cotswold with all of the information and see what happens.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Just to be clear, the three cars were A car in front, B your car and C the car behind you.

C hits B, B avoids collision with A but C given the speed hits A in the rear as well.

In other words C hits B and A in the rear.

B and A don't hit anyone else.

Is this correct?

If so, I really don't see how they could claim off your insurance and what others suggested is very likely: Cotswold is investigating the third party, not you.

Anyway, what does the police report say?

Did they sketch the accident?

Did they take statements from anyone?

All these info might be vital to avoid a fault claim being recorded on your insurance which would be a pain to solve if they pay out.

With the incident only 3 weeks ago there won't be a report yet, but it should have everyone's contemperaneous statements, either in their own words or as recorded by the Police.

As everyone has said above, don't worry, your insurers will hopefully sort this out.

EDIT - I see that you're not claiming on your own insurance.

I'll therefore rephrase the end my last post to - don't worry the money grabbing credit hire cowboys will hopefully sort this out once you've been in a hire vehicle for a sufficient amount of time to incur enough hire charges to make it worth their while.

:)

(further edit - I assumed you're in a hire vehicle, although you haven't actually confirmed that, but still nothing for you to worry about as everyone has said).

are there any independent witnesses? That may well be your saving grace as insurers dotn like to spend propr money invetigating claims properly, even blatantly fraudelent ones if it is seen to be cheaper to apy out and ramp up your premiums.

I have just had my insurers send me a demand for more money for not mentioning an accident I didnt have 3 years ago. As this is was unknown tome of course I didnt mention it and my previous insurers havent said anything when offering quotes or renewals

are there any independent witnesses? That may well be your saving grace as insurers dotn like to spend propr money invetigating claims properly, even blatantly fraudelent ones if it is seen to be cheaper to apy out and ramp up your premiums.

I have just had my insurers send me a demand for more money for not mentioning an accident I didnt have 3 years ago. As this is was unknown tome of course I didnt mention it and my previous insurers havent said anything when offering quotes or renewals

OP has said they're not claiming through their insurers, although hasn't clarified whether they have reported the incident to their insurers.

Either way if the third parties are not accepting liability, OP's insurers will have to get involved when the third parties try to claim their losses.