Used car problem

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2431 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

On 29th july I ordered a car on finance and paid the deposit and arranged to pick the car up on 7th August.When I went to collect the car there were a few more documents to sign, when these had been signed the salesman said that he will go and get the keys and log book and I can then take the car.

When he returned he told me that they (Perrys) had not received the log book from the previous owner when it was part exed.

He then said not to worry as they had applied for a new log book from the DVLA and it should be back in 2 weeks.

I thought no more about it until I remembered one of the other employees had told me that the tax was not transferable and would be cancelled when the DVLA were notified of the change of keeper. I checked online the tax status last week and it was showing as untaxed.

I was now worried about this as I was using the car on the road with no tax.

I contacted Perrys who were very apologetic and they arranged for a vehicle to be brought to me to use and took my car back to the garage.

I have now found out that it will be another 2 weeks before I am able to tax the car and I am now wanting to return the car and see if there are any other cars that had the log book with them that I could take.

Perrys have said that I should not have been sold the car but have not asked if there are any other cars that I would like to take instead.

I also told the sales manager about a few other issues with the car that I had noticed in the short time that I had it and he said they will have a look at them.

Could someone advise how I stand with this matter please.

Nic

Get a full refund and then look for another car, otherwise anything they'll give you will be of less value.

Don't negotiate, just tell them you want a full refund because they shouldn't have sold you the car by their own admission and don't bulge.