speeding photo evidence

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2411 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi all after some advice please

i got a nip through and as you are all aware you go onto the internet now to view evidence ?

i was on my bike and they have got me doing 40 in a 30 but they have no photographic evidence of my number plate

to cut a long story short after numerous letters backwards and forwards to them

they are asking for photographs of all sides of my bike

also if i do send them they want to examine the photos then they say they will stop my vehicle when im out on it ?

am i right to refuse these as there is only 2 photos from the front and according to the police

the camera technician writes the registration down on a log sheet so how would they know if it wasn't a cloned bike etc etc

I had my plates cloned once and they drove off from a garage without paying for fuel

The police were able to compare my car to the photo and although it was the same model and colour, There were slight differences

Of course in my case they had the driver on video at the garage too

If it wasn't you, The bike, Your helmet and perhaps body shape would be different

Of course if it was you, I think the picture and the evidence from technician who logged the number would be enough

yes but seems like they are clutching at straws asking me for photos of my bike

how can they prove it wasnt a cloned bike

it would be easy enough to make slight changes to the bike ??

Why did they contact you if they had no idea whose bike it was? Did they just pick you from thin air?

no not thin air ive already said the technician records the plate ???????

If it wasn't you : swear to where you were and what you were doing at the time the offence was committed by someone else.

If it was you: don't go looking for loopholes that rely on you lying or blaming someone else.

It rarely goes well (Chris Huhne .......)

Sorry I don't quite understand this.

Are you saying you have received a request for driver's details because your bike was allegedly seen speeding and you have disputed that it was your bike? Can't really help with only a half (if that) of the story. Tell us what happened entirely, in particular details of the letters that passed backwards and forwards. If it really was not your bike it might be better to do as they ask to help prove your claim. Of course if it really was then that's a different matter. In either case let us know what has happened so far.

i was on my bike and they have got me doing 40 in a 30 but they have no photographic evidence of my number plate

So you were on your bike doing 40in a 30, you dispute this, and they are asking you for evidence of your bike, which will either convict you or absolve you of the offence?

Take the points and the fine, and use this as one of life's lessons.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

"They don't need photographic evidence."

No indeed they don’t.

But I’m curious to understand what this is all about. If the OP has nominated himself as the driver then all that remains is for the process to take its course. For 40 in a 30 a Speed Awareness Course would normally be offered provided the driver was eligible for one. Failing that, the offence qualifies for a Fixed Penalty. There is no need for any correspondence to be entered into. If neither of the above is accepted and complied with then the matter goes to court.

I can only imagine that the OP has disputed that the bike is his. It wold be nice if he would come back and let us know what this is really all about because his version so far as it goes makes no sense without the full story.