Halifax - Gesture of Goodwill - Reclaim charges ?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2406 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Good Evening all,

I was after some advice on if you think I could reclaim the late payment charges / over limit charges on an old credit card ?

To cut a long story short I had a Halifax credit card running from 2002 - 2010 that I got into difficulty with, eventually running up an outstanding balance of £11,800

After many sleepless nights, countless number of letters back and forth, many requests for the singed original CCA, many threatening letters and a lot of advice from the CAG I eventually managed to get the debt written off, well not written off as such, Halifax made a gesture of goodwill payment of the full outstanding balance

Yes that's right £11,800 paid by them as a "gesture of goodwill"

This was all back in 2010 and I left it at that

Anyway with all the PPI stuff going around I though I would check to see if the policy ever had PPI (via SAR) which it did not, but there are quite a lot of over limit charges and late payment charges so I have filled in the compound interest calculator and it amounts to over £6,500

Do you think it would be cheeky to request these charges back ?

will only be off set if Halifax still own it

pointless

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 4 weeks later...

Good Evening,

I received a letter from Halifax, please let me know your thoughts :-

Thankyou for taking the time to contact us about your complaint, I am sorry for any upset or inconvenience you've experience,

I tried to contact you by telephone to discuss your concerns further. However, I've been unable to reach you. My understandings of your concerns from your original letter are you are unhappy with the fees applied to your account and feel they are unlawful. You wish Halifax to repay these fees with interest included in the payment. In addition you wish the removal of the default on your credit file.

My Decision

Having reviewed your complaint, and based on the information available to me, I'm unable to agree that there has been any bank error in respect to charges applied to your account.

My Findings

After a review of our records, I can see the outstanding balance on the account was reduced to a zero balance and a letter dated May 2010 sent to you confirmed this. As such any fees or charges which were applied to the account were removed at that point.

As such we will not be refunding any charges or interest as per your request as these were applied in line with the terms and conditions of your account.

Finally any adverse data in respect of a default in 2009 will have been removed after a period of six years so will not show on your current credit records.

What you need to do ?

If you are happy with my decision then you don't need to do anything.

If you are unhappy with any part of my decision, please contact me on xxxxxxx, alternatively you can contact me on the above address

there you go then

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...