Faulty Tumble Dryer - House Fire (Any Advice Would Be Helpful)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2407 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Dear whom this may concern,

Cut a long story short.

I purchased a tumble dryer from Argos it became faulty

l had a replacement under warranty believe it or not it happened again

I received another replacement then the 3rd machine set my house on fire and made me and my family homeless.

The manufacturers insurance company hired a fire investigator 'hawkins' so they can conduct a report

after months of chasing the insurance company they have told us that the report says it could have come from outside or inside the machine they will not pay a claim.

Me and my family lost everything there is a initial fire report that the London fire brigade took when the incident happened that mentions the fire was caused by the tumble dryer.

If anyone can help with some advice or what rights I have it would be greatly appreciated

I believe they are diminishing their rights

I can't believe they are not paying a claim.

Thank you

Lyes K.

If the fire brigade report specifically says that the tumble dryer was the source of the fire, you have the best piece of evidence to produce in a county court claim.

I suppose Argos or their agent have the tumble dryer and most likely they won't make it available for a further independent inspection.

This plays in your favour: Fire brigade report and their own biased report saying that tumble dryer"could" be the source of the fire is very strong evidence imo.

Send them a lba and after 14 days issue a claim if they don't respond positively.

Another solution could be to claim through your home insurance and then sue Argos for excess and uninsured losses.

There were a few articles some time ago about tumble dryers catching fire, so if you dig them out and check your model number you might be able to point out to Argos that they should have recalled your product.

The onus is on yourself to prove the loss. The Fire report in my opinion proves this. They have tried to counter this proof by commissioning their own report, which Hawkins have advised "they are unsure where the fire originated from." They have not provided a valid defence to your allegations. Have you seen a copy of the report. It is unlikely for the Engineer to have absolutely no idea - they will usually advise in their opinion "on the balance of probabilities" where the fire originated from.

Personally, if you do have home insurance claim off them. You will get items new for old and let them sort out the issue with Argos. Otherwise complain via the ombudsman. I would be waryu of claiming through the courts initially as this would be a long process - I imagine that your losses are pretty substantial so could be a multi track claim..

Abbey - owed £3260 - Paid up.

Barclays owed £2500 - Paid up.

Halifax, Mint & Egg - next on the hit list

Dont click on the scales - I'm quite proud of my little red dot! - As the little red dot has gone - click away!!!!