Damaged underwater camera

Natnatalia
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2435 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

I have bought fujifilm finepix x90 from Curry's in April.

Camera meant to be water resistant up to 15m.

I took it on holidays and first day was working fine.

Second day as well.

On third day I took it for another snorkelling trip..

I went to water first time that day and all was working perfect.

I have made another attempt after 1 hour.

While I was snorkelling water just suddenly got inside.

Camera is damaged fully now

when I went to Curry's they said they can't fix it or repair it and told me to contact Fuji.

I used camera accordingly to instructions and I'm actually surprised that they won't fix it as I was checking all the time if cover is closed.

Could anyone give me any advice as if they are right or not and should I contact Fuji or Curry's again?

I haven't had that kind of situation before where retailer didn't accept product and sent me straight to supplier.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

This is Currys fob-off routine. Currys are responsible - but they will try to allege that you caused the leak by neglect.

what camera is it?

The woman in shop said that cause I haven't bought additional insurance they cannot do anything.

She would say that, wouldn't she.

It's an underwater camera. It is meant to be safe underwater, so shouldn't need additional insurance in case it is taken underwater.

If you have used it according to the instructions (be prepared for them to claim otherwise.......) then it isn't fit for purpose. Your claim is against the retailer no matter how much they try to palm you off to the manufacturer.

spoken to my partner who works for knowhow.

get the store to book it with fuji for repair, it won't cost anything to send. write a statement of how you were using it, where etc etc and get them to send it with the camera inc your contact details.

normally manufacture will email the store with pre paid labels or send a courier.

however if the manufacturer disagrees with your claims of correct usage, there may be a charge to get it back repaired or unrepaired.

the store can pay the charge but they wont want to as it comes off the management bonus (which is from the profits of the store).

either way it wont cost the store or you anything to send it off. you may have a fight on your hands if fuji's reapir team sends back a report saying it was misused or neglected. you can ask the store to escalate this matter to something called 'save our customers' by email.

apparently this department is for sorting out such matters that have come to an impasse with store/customer/repair agent.

in the mean time, scour the net and see if theres anything reported on forums such as this with complaints about the camera already. keep these as evidence.

• Haha 1

when I went to Curry's they said they can't fix it or repair it and told me to contact Fuji.

spoken to my partner who works for knowhow.

get the store to book it with fuji for repair, it won't cost anything to send. write a statement of how you were using it, where etc etc and get them to send it with the camera inc your contact details.

normally manufacture will email the store with pre paid labels or send a courier.

Therein lies the difference. I can't expect Curry's to do the repair / inspection themselves, but they should be taking 'ownership' of the issue, and organising the return to the manufacturer, rather than fobbing the customer off with "You (the customer) will have to sort this with Fuji, we (Curry's) are washing our hands of it"

This was a relative's experience with Curry's too. Ipod nano, 'froze'.

Curry's (as retailer) refused to become involved, expecting my relative to 'do all the running' with Apple.

Apple were great, and replaced the faulty ipod.

Our perception : Curry's were interested in sales, and not anything after-sales.

The result: we don't shop with Dixons Retail Group (even if they are a bit cheaper than the 'next' retailer - and they weren't any cheaper than buying direct from Apple, incidentally!) unless we have no other option.