style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2436 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Good evening, if somebody could give me some advice on the following issue I would be very happy.

My son took out a car loan with Close Bros in September 2016.

In July this year he was abroad on holiday and unbeknown to him he had gone over his overdraft and any further DD were cancelled and returned, including his car loan

Upon returning to the UK the following day (Friday) the day after the missed payment he contacted close bros, but due to the time no one was available.

On Saturday he received a letter in regards to missed payment.

He tried to contact them again on Sunday but again no one available.

Monday morning he rang and made his payment plus a £40 late fee.

That Monday at around 5.30pm we had a door step collector visit us.

I instructed him the payment had been made and how ridiculous to send somebody round when a payment is 2 days late, he informed me he had not been informed that payment has been made that day.

Fast forward to today and a letter has arrived from close bros requesting £25 for the returned direct debit, £15 for the letter and £75 for the door step collector visit.

I'm not concerned about paying the £25 or £15 as that is expected but dispute the £75 for the door step collector as the payment had already been made.

So where do we stand in this situation?

Thanks in advance

Sarah

Under FCA rules they can't charge any of those

And the £40 fee is unlawful too

Go reclaim it!!

Hope you are not being charged insurances or useless warranties too?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

simply write and tell them you know they are unlawful penalties under FCA rules/guidelines

please refund the £40

if not do a charge back as I bet he paid by debitcard?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Whenever you see any finance offered by this group...run for the hills...their terms and conditions are vicious...as you have found out.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

It's laughable, to be honest.

There has been no typed letter (Charge £15) letter of arrears with the FCS info sheet or a letter of default for the original missed payment.

The account was brought up to date within a week of the missed payment.

They state they sent a collection agent around on the 27th July when it was the 17th July so they have shot themselves with that one.

Why on earth would they send a collection agent around 10 days after the account was brought up to date!

The only letter received that I can link to the late payment was received 4 days later from a different firm, incorrectly addressed and asking my son to ring a number to hear a message.

Given that you have paid the £40 late fee (still questionable) and you will accept the DD fee £25 (again questionable)...state that you do not accept a letter fee or doorstep caller and ask that those fees are removed..(they will add them to the account balance paid or unpaid) and if they refuse to remove them inform them that it is your intention to take this to the FCA and also find alternative finance to get shut of them.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread