Preserved pension

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2409 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Yes, there is a scheme called that and there's information online from the Police Federation about it, but it seems to be pdf files.

Have a read around or you could ring the scheme administrators and ask them. There are different rules for early retirement and ill-health retirement.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

I hope you find some info. :)

From what I've read online, it might be good to start with the county force you were with and speak to their pensions or HR people. If you tell them your NI number and date of birth, maybe when you worked there, hopefully they'll be able to find your record.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

some similar schemes allow you to retire at 55 or 60 but if you leave and the pension is preserved it pays out on a set date such as when you are 60 or 65 even. The scheme can change these qualifying dates after you have become an inactive member so watch out for the updates of the rules.

My scheme allowed people to retire after 40 years service or 65 but if you were no longer employed and thus an active member you dont get your preserved pension until you reach govt retirement age