myHermes - Lost item, they refuse to pay compensation - Judgment and then bailiffs - **Won**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2037 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

You should go about instructing bailiffs as quickly as possible. You will have to use County Court bailiffs – which isn't very efficient – but it's all you have. It will cost you about £50 – maybe it has gone up but you will get that back as well.

Have you seen the judgement? Does it say they have to pay forthwith or does it give them seven days? It is probably a forthwith judgement and that means that you can put the bailiffs in straightaway. Just go ahead and do it without any warning to the defendant and see what happens.

I imagine that they will start moving their bums fairly quickly once they know that this has happened.

• 1 month later...

Some update news:

After the judgement was issued on 27/09/2017 I received a letter from the court confirming the judgement had been issued, I waited two weeks to see if myHermes would pay up on their own accord, they didn't.

On 17/10/2017 I submitted an online ticket to myHermes stating the details of the judgement and requesting their payment, and on 26/10/2017 I got the following response:

Thank you for contacting myHermes.

Further to your enquiry, we apologise for the inconvenience and frustration caused to you.

Unfortunately, as previously advised we are unable to compensate any further for this item due to the item been excluded.

If we can be of any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us.

Kind regards,

So on 26/10/2017 I requested a warrant through MCOL

The warrant was issued on 27/10/2017

The final return (result) for the warrant was received on 07/11/2017. I couldn't find details on MCOL as to whether this meant the bailiffs had collected any money or not, so I contacted Leeds County Court and they confirmed that myHermes have settled the warrant in full, and I will receive a check when the court does the next payment run.

Thank you to everyone that helped me with this. Perseverance certainly paid off!

Well done. Hermes and the other courier companies need more of this kind of treatment.

Hopefully this will serve as encouragement to others.

It was quite amazing that Hermes didn't put their hands up. I expect that they will be more inclined to do so in future.

I have to say that I'm a bit surprised that you gave Hermes two weeks. I would recommend to anyone that they put the bailiffs in immediately.

• 9 months later...

Newbie here! What an uplifting post. Hermes, booked via P2G, have just lost a 4 foot long bike carrier and Im trying to convince them they are liable. Their tracking system is a shambles showing that the carrier was delivered on 2 separate dates, 4 days apart!!

P2G accept the parcel is lost and have refunded the delivety charges but are hiding behind T&C's that they claim limit their liability to nothing!!

Will try again tomorrow and give them(P2G) til the end of the week to rethink before firing off a LBA.

• 3 weeks later...