Scottish power technician from Boiler Care. PLEASE DO NOT TAKE OUT THIS COVER

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2442 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

We were due our boiler inspection today and were waiting patiently for the knock on the door.

None came but we did receive a voicemail from "Leon" who apparently had been knocking on our door for the past 38 minutes and not getting a reply.

We said that nobody had knocked on our door as we were waiting for them to call.

we have very good, very expensive CCTV plastered all over the front of our house which even captures every number plate that comes onto and off of the street.

We confirmed that no one had knocked on our door,

however, a big bald bloke in a white shirt and black tie did park up on our street, even got out.

His van registration number was [edited].

He walked over to the next-door neighbour’s hedge, took a photo of their door then had a look at our cameras then proceeded to get back in his van.

He sat there for a further 7 minutes and 9 seconds before driving off.

He then pulled up around the corner on the next street while as it turns out he was speaking to my husband on the phone telling us that he did try to gain access to perform the inspection but no one was at home?

Turns out that when my husband spoke to the guy on the phone and my husband asked to speak with someone higher as he was outright calling us liars, he said that he was the manager there’s no one higher than him.

Scottish power employs subcontractors in your area to do all the boiler repairs and inspections and there are too lazy to even bother knocking on the door to carry out the work. We have just told them to shove their boiler care where the sun doesn’t shine.

Take my advice, tell them to do the same.

Tried reporting this shoddy outfit to Scottish power, guess what? Not interested

Edited by honeybee13
Van reg edited.

Hi

I think you need to be very careful here as from you accounts of the CCTV you are viewing way outside the boundaries of your property.

If you have CCTV on your property and it is viewing outside the boundaries of your own property it becomes a Data Protection issue that you need to be aware of.

Do you have permission to record CCTV outside the boundaries of your property?

Domestic CCTV: using CCTV systems on your property

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/domestic-cctv-using-cctv-systems-on-your-property/domestic-cctv-using-cctv-systems-on-your-property

Information Commissioners Office (ICO)

https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/cctv/

You need to be very careful where your CCTV is pointing

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group