Old Thames water bill - referred to archives??

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2443 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

just had a text message from BCW Group for "Ms xxxxx to contact us urgently", never heard of them but am guessing its a DCA, am currently awaiting to hear from Lowell and heard no more from HL Sols, what this lot want I have no idea.

Buchanan Clerk & Wells, indeed, unless and until they write clearly what they are chasing please do not contact them in any way.

Check your credit reference files for any activity.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

I have an old mobile phone, was a family members with no same name or real attachment to me, and I doubt ever registered. Its pay as u go and have credited it today and given number only to close family, my current phone is now switched off and will be left that way, so anyone ringing will not get an answer. post I can deal with better now thanks to CAG.

well you were right its Buchanan clerk and wells, text yesterday and phone call today, had to put the phone on and get the doctor number to transfer to other phone, whilst doing so, they rang, am guessing not for the first time although no voicemails were left, anyway, guy said who they were and it was a personal financial matter, but couldn't say more until I answered his security questions, I suggested he write then and disconnected. got my doctors number etc off phone, so no need to use it now as such, and updating those who need to know my number only. I felt quite empowered telling him to write lol

well their lovely letter arrived today.....seems its to do with thames water amount owing...this amount is already being deducted from my benefit due to my request. I had stopped this arrangement previously as due to moving home, although advising everyone who needed to know, thames water were still taking the amount from my benefit and paying it to the account of my old address and somehow had an account for my new address showing arrears, I cancelled the auto payment and got the balance from the old house transferred to the new one, and the amount they were asking for was then too much and the agro of getting to speak to someone who's accent I could understand was too stressful, so I waited until the new balance was on my new home account, then a few weeks later re started the auto payment from benefit.

Have written to thames water today......ignoring BCW and what I find to be their insulting and nasty comments, albeit based on their clients incorrect information.

• 3 weeks later...

I contacted Thames Water directly, advising I refused to deal with BCW end of. I am having a Thames Water visit tomro to see if i can get a meter fitted, as live alone in a one bedroom flat and really don't use a massive amount of water, and i have set up a bill management thing with online banking and will pay water arrears as and when, for how much i can and no more. Thames water accepted this, but still the BCW ring, text and write...bunch of losers.

Tell TW to call off their lapdogs or you will pursue TX & BCW through the courts for harassment.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

wrote to thames water today, who I have to say are nice when dealing with, and advised they accepted the bill management via bank and that they have now fitted a water meter, I have the current bill amount in dispute and know the meter will agree with me lol....and yes I said the dca sending threats is harassment, especially now.

I have an amount o/s to Thames Water, I believed the amount to be overcharge, I asked for a water meter and waited and waited and heard nothing, got billed for £149.00 up until March 2013, and now a bill up to March 2014, both totalling £483.00.

I requested a second time for a water meter, and this was done last week. I wrote to Thames Water and reminded them that I am now on a water meter and they need to change how I am billed, nobody has been to read it at all, the guy who fitted it said they would come to read it and then at a later date it would be read on the system, but initially its a visit for reading.

I also arranged through my bank, a bill management system, and Thames Water were asked to accept this by way of payment of arrears, which they accepted, and it allows me to pay what I can and when, o that should cover the situation with the £149.00. They had previously handed this to a DCA BCW, whom I will not deal with, and have advised TW of this. And really no need re the bill management set up.

Today I receive a letter from TW.....no mention of meter, demanding full £483, insisting I deal with DCA or set up d/d. and telling me I have no meter and am billed accordingly to the value of my property regardless of how many people are here and whatever usage I think I use.

Up to now I have found TW nice to deal with, but it seems a bit of a shambles. Thinking maybe they are slow to catch up on their system so have used their website contact form to update that I do have a meter and the bill to 2014 needs adjusting to readings or why bother? and refusing to deal with DCA and reminding them of the bill management.

BCW pestering like flies on dog poo. Can I send a dispute letter or something to them? and should I also write to TW re all the above as well as the contact online form?

Sorry to ramble ..head in a spin.

• 4 weeks later...

Just a heads up on checking your Thames Water bill. I had a water meter installed as I was convinced I was definitely being over charged for the water I used. There is an ongoing argument between me and TW on an o/s amount from before this, I want it reduced and its not happening, they gave it to a dca, who I am ignoring, and so it goes on.

First water meter bill arrived today. Seemed way too high, no surprise there. I looked at what they state the reading of the meters were (seems its all done digitally as nobody comes to read them at the property now). There are two water meters, the first one has a reading of "2", and the second has a reading of "29" on the bill they sent. Charging me £66.15 for one month......really?..so I checked my meters...the first one is correct at "2" and the second one reads "1"....not "29"......

Thames water online live chat agreed this is an incorrect reading and are sending me a new bill with the readings I have given. Am just glad I have a meter here I can check and read myself. Wonders what other errors they make. Am gonna fight that last bill to the bitter end.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I have to say I am very happy and surprised but yesterday I got a phone call from TW, a very nice guy rang and we went through all the issues of this and the other post I have somewhere on here about TW. Seems there has been a few errors, some down to TW and some down to the DWP with the payments they were making direct from benefit. An incorrect meter reading via their digital method also. So now we have worked this out and my account with TW is actually in credit by £16, so I don't owe the other bill (as I thought) and I am going to use my payment card to pay an agreed amount fortnightly to offset future bills. Really has paid me to get a water meter, as I live alone in a one bed flat and don't use a massive amount of water. So all in all although its been a bonkers situation and stressful at times as none of it made sense....TW really have looked at it all and put right their part in this and DWP don't make any direct payments now so they cant mess up again. And instead of owing £300 plus....then £130 plus or summat, I am actually in credit lol lol happy days........

• 1 year later...

Due to illness and not being able to cope financially

my nephew gave up his flat and is now in a bedsit, all bills are included in his rent.

Thames water have an o/s bill of £900 he cant pay,

Advantis now have this and have added to it, its now £1087.59.

My nephew is currently having therapy expected to continue for 3 months and is recieving ESA at £72 pw,

he offered a small weekly sum which Thames Water refused as they said it wouldnt be cleared within the necessary timescale.....

Any advice appreciated.

well ignore advantis that's for sure and stay off the phone.

can you give us a breakdown of the £900

when's it from

was he the only person there etc etc.

why is it so high

why was it not paid

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

He was the only tenant,

he took on more than he could handle,

was ok until his hours of work got cut,

then illness kicked in.

He fell continously behind with water bill,

this is for prob most of the year.

He realises it has to be paid but thames wont deal direct and have said deal with advantis who have added more to the amount.

His own fault its gone this far but now needs to get an affordable payment set up, which is looking like a problem.

well advantis cannot add anything

and are not the owner of the debt so can be ignored totally.

time to go over to writing only.

send them a letter something like this.

then pay it by internet banking

they cannot refuse that way.

TELL [dont ask] them they are only going to get £xxPCM for xx mts

as a goodwill gesture

and as a reciprocal GOGW they must freeze int & refrain from levying PENALTY charges.

if they wont

drop them to £1PCM for life.

as an example>

I am currently in financial difficulties and not able to meet my normal monthly repayments.

to show my goodwill, i am going to pay £5 for 6 mts.

i will update you in 6mts time or before, should my situation change.

could you please as a reciprocal goodwill guesture,

refrain from levying any penalty charges & freeze the interest on my account.?

Should you fail to assist me during a period of financial difficulty, contrary to all the guidelines and codes

issued by the relevent bodies and authorities that govern you and the way you conduct yourselves.

i shall have no alternative but to reduce my offer to £1PCM for the rest of the life of the account,

as your actions would do nothing to help me.

i thank you for your time.

dx

then pay by your internet banking site

and get reclaiming

TAKE CONTROL

or

if you have sent the above and they refuse

then write back........

i'm sorry, but you have failed to assist me during a period of financial difficulty, against all the guidelines and codes

issued by the relevent bodies and authorities that govern you and the way you conduct yourselves.

i repeat again, the contents of my letter dated dd/mm/yyyy, for want of clarification:

to show my goodwill, i am going to pay £XX for XX mts

could you please as a reciprocal goodwill guesture, refraining from levying any penalty charges & freeze the interest on my account.

i will update you in 6mts time or before, should my situation chance.

should you fail to help by refraining from levying unlawful PENALTY charges & freeze my interest,

i shall have no alternative but to reduce my offer to £1PCM for the rest of the life of the account,

as your actions are doing nothing to help me.

This is contrary to the rules you should operate under.

disgruntled account holder

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...