Parking Eye ANPR PCN - ALDI, Earls Way, Halesowen Overstay by 11 minutes.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2416 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Today,

12 August 2017 I received, through the post, a parking charge from Parking Eye, dated 10 August 2017 which said I'd overstayed my welcome in ALDI, Earls Way, Halesowen by 11 minutes.

I spend a lot of money each week in ALDI.

I then had to queue to pay for goods I had in my trolly, because not all the tills were manned, as usual and then load them into my car.

Since I don't know what time I arrived at ALDI and the cost of the fine almost matches my ALDI bill, I'm upset that they are demanding monies I can ill afford, hence my use of ALDI in the first place!

I've used the store in Halesowen most Thursdays when visiting a friend and I've not even noticed a Parking Eye board.

Admittedly, that may be my fault, but I'm never there for more than 60-80 minutes

Your user name seems to be your real name, which may not be wise. If you want to change it, click on the black triangle at the bottom of your post to ask the site team to change it, tell them what to though!

Regarding your parking charge, if you still have your receipt, keep it safe. Take a copy of it and the charge notice to the store and demand to see the manager. Try to pick a time when it's really busy and there's lots of people to hear you complain in your loudest voice about being penalised for their lack of staff and you spending so much money with them.

If that doesn't work, you'll have to appeal to ParkingEye and then POPLA. Your grounds for appeal to ParkingEye could be pretty much anything you like, but in this case it's probably worth including a copy of your bill and blaming the lack of staff in Aldi for you taking so long. Appeals to the parking company don't often work, so if it doesn't you then appeal to POPLA. Have a read of other parkingeye threads to give you an idea, but if you have any specific questions one of the experts will help you.

Try ranting at the manager, and come back if it doesn't work. Don't leave it too long because you usually only have a limited time to appeal. When you're there, if your rant hasn't worked have a good look around at the signs and take photos of them, especially the one at the entrance and the one nearest to where you were parked.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

I didn't, in case it wasn't a real name.

By coincidence have just been in to our local Aldi, as full as you would expect on Saturday afternoon, so do they open more tills? No, they close one of the three that is open. Sigh.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks.

I've already thought of this.

I've been printing off some stuff to add as well.

From what I've seen of other folks experiences, shops etetera, don't want to know when you ask but they do take a fee, I believe from Parking Eye?

Yes and this is my argument apart from parking fines!

Link please

And one final point

Its not a FINE

Its a speculative invoice

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I know someone who appealed to the store manager in their ALDI and had their ticket quashed.

If you have the receipt, even better. That might be your easiest route considering that the event wasn't long ago.

They might want to keep your custom if you emphasize that you are a regular customer.

Advice offered by ENRON is without prejudice and is for your judgement as to whether to take it. You should seek the assistance or hire of a solicitor or other paid professional if in doubt.

I'd be complaining to the store manager as a matter of course anyway!

Telling them that the use of such a disreputable cowboy outfit will see you spending your money elsewhere, and you'll be telling everyone you know to avoid their store too.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

always the first port of call,

they will be used to it so have your receipt handy.

After that you approach head office and you dont take no for an answer.

let them know that you will be taking the dodgy signage and camera installation up with the council under the Town and Country Planning Act.

http://www.dudley.gov.uk/resident/planning/planning-services/search-for-a-planning-application/

have a look through and see if you can find an application and if you cant then you have ammunition fora programme of embarrassing them on social media. PE wont care but ALDI will not like being in the local paper or being trashed on twitter/facebook etc.

Usually the parking co approach the company and tell them that they will have a massive parking problem if they dont emply them. That way they get in for free.

It is rare that they pay the store to be there unless there are P&D machines to rake in the money.

They rely entirely on rooking the store customers to make any money and that is why parking is limited. If no-one broke the "rules" then they have to chaneg the rules to earn a dishonest buck

look

Thanks.

I've already thought of this.

I've been printing off some stuff to add as well.

From what I've seen of other folks experiences, shops etetera, don't want to know when you ask but they do take a fee, I believe from Parking Eye?

Yes and this is my argument apart from parking fines!

why

aldi first.

dx

and they

I am about to do a letter to Parking Eye. Thanks for everyone's help so far and I will keep you posted.

What? No! Read the advice given, go to Aldi and speak to the Manager, if that doesn't work write to Aldi Head Office,get on their twitter and facebook and complain loudly.

Only respond to Parking Eye regarding the NTK you got through the post after you have exhausted all the Aldi contacts.

Before you respond to the NTK fill in the advice CAG needs to advise you as in post 4.

If you do your own thing and ignore the advice you can easily leave yourself open to liability.

I am about to do a letter to Parking Eye. Thanks for everyone's help so far and I will keep you posted.

Ha ha, by all means fire off a letter to Parking Lie, but no-one will read it, unless of course you're writing them ''This is one cage you didn't want to rattle''!

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

DO NOT write to PE until you have exhausted your approaches to Aldi.

You will get nowhere and will have made their job easier in knowing who to collect money from.

If you took the troubkle to read a number of other threads you will see that most of the time the parking co doesnt get it right so they have no rights to demand money.

you have no idea what the [planners say about parking at this site ( they usually have stiplations in the planning consent)

so you dont even know if PE have any right to ask you for a bean and may well owe you money.

DO not be in a hurry, it wont get you anywhere.