Advice needed please.

CC48
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2273 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

just use their ref number now the payment ref number

pay using YOUR bank interweb portal. bacs transfer

do NOT set up a DD or an SO

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi,

Yes it shows a Lowell ref number and their bank details to make payments to on the back of the letter.

I will send it by BACs each month.

Should I email them to say this is how I will be doing it.

Can they say it isn't enough?

I can send them incomings and outgoings as proof.

Or do I just send a BACs when the next £10 is due in Feb and see if they contact me again?

Thanks for your help.

you do not contact them at all

and you never ever send DCA's per financial details

only a judge can demand that.

you really should be reading around

so you know how things work with these fleecers

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi,

Thank you DX for your help. I have been doing a lot of reading but easily confused by it all and I just need to double check - apologies for that.

If I send them £10 a month via BACs will that stop them going for a CCJ or is that a how long is a piece of string question. I have 4 other creditors I am paying £10 a month to and my guess is this is what the rest of them will do even though they agreed to 6 or 12 months payments.

I get anxious over it all and I just want to pay them their £10 a month each and be done with it. What I don't want is the DCA adding more charges :-(

Hi,

I am taking your advice and I am going to pay £10 with the ref number each month via online bank.

I expect this to happen with NEXT as they offered 6 months at £10 a month and the 3 Very debts - Very - Very ( Isme ) and Very ( woolworths ) accepted 12 months @ £10 a month each I now suspect this was to allow any BNPL 12 months to be added with full interest before selling on.

I have a full incomings and outgoings that shows £50 available each month to be able to pay these 5 debts. I'm a little worried they will say £10 a month isn't enough as this will take 9 years and more for the very ones to pay off at this rate - unless ( hoping ) my circumstance change in that time so I can pay off more.

I just need to know if they can try and make me pay more and then if I don't because I'm unable too - that they will then add charges for letters sent out to me or add charges on to the debt.

Will they go forward and take this to court for a CCJ even though the papers I will submit to court will still prove I only have £10 per month for each debt?

I am just worried - apologies for rambling on.

original creditors don't do court

they can add charges, but you've told them to stop those and all interest.

if they've not, then send the second letter and drop them to £1pcm.

dca's if the debt is sold, cant add anything

• Confused 1

and they

Thank you very much.

That's that sorted I will pay £10 a month as I already do but now to Lowells and whoever else my come along when the other debts are sold on.

Glad to see Lowell's or any DCA can't add anymore charges on to what I already owe. So now it's just a case of carrying on as before and to stop stressing :-)

Your help/advice is really appreciated.

Thank you very much. x

What other ''debts'' do you have?

Have you reclaimed all of the fees/charges levied on these accounts, if you're able too?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Hi,

I wrote to the 5 catalogue creditors before I missed any payments to tell them what had happened when my then partner left.

All agreed to accept £10 a month for when the next payment was due.

All of them froze the accounts so no charges/interest would be added.

I will however have BNPL interest on the Very accounts that will be added.

My other debts are 2 bank loans but I am paying them as normal and they will be paid off in just under 4 years.

My other debts are 2 bank loans but I am paying them as normal and they will be paid off in just under 4 years.

Very well done excellent that you informed all of your creditors and they have, for once, assisted!

The bank will do the same if these payments re your loans are a bit of a struggle...

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!