Car insurance quote refusal

chiefmegawatty
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2422 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I was amazed today when an insurance company refused to give me a quote

due to failing a credit check.

Why was I amazed?. Well firstly my credit report is fine and clear.

Secondly, I wasn't asking for credit to pay my car insurence on monthly installments,

I was going to pay the full year premium in cash.

I have no idea why a credit check is required in order to buy things using cash.

By cash I mean via my debit card.

I thought that credit reports had nothing to do with buying things cash but sadly

I have now been proved wrong.

I did move home address recently however, my new address is shown on my current credit report, so that's not the reason for insurance quote refusal.

Does anybody know why credit checks are carried out against customers who are

paying cash.

I meant paying via debit card which is as good as paying cash in my opinion.

I did mention this in my original post.

Why do you consider using my debit card an indication of money laundering?

They don't think it is money laundering. They thought you were handing over large amount of cash notes.

In regard to the credit check, this is mostly to check identity and if you had a CCJ they might refuse monthly payment option.

I suspect an error has occured. It might be your name and or date of birth were noted incorrectly. The address might not have matched the one you gave on the credit record the Insurers used.

I would not presume there is any issue with your credit record.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

If it isn't an admin error, look at the OP's previous posts, as many of the events described have the potential to be influencing this.

As for " Well firstly my credit report is fine and clear." : which provider(s) did you use? which provider(s) did they check.

Is there still a charging order on your house? (http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?447894-Writing-my-Will-cant-bequest-house-because-of-charging-order&p=4753677#post4753677)

Back in December you were saying that the CCJ was still showing ......

Today I checked my credit report with "Credit Report .co .uk"

Despite the CCJ being satisfied and also being over 6 years old, it still shows as unpaid

and still active.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?440881-Bristol-and-Wessex-Water-amp-Charging-order-they-say-they-want-paying-now..&p=4980524#post4980524

Did you check your National Hunter record? Did they?

Ever heard of ID fraud?

OP has claimed he has been the victim of ID fraud in the past

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?421865-HMRC-want-paying-for-WTC-joint-claim-my-wife-forged-my-sig

OP has also (in the past) , complained about a car insurance quote from Saga (and started a new quote for an Aston Martin DB6, 'just to see the result'), and (different thread) had large cash deposits into bank accounts declined.

Perhaps the (ex-)wife has taken action for the marital home being demolished, resulting in her not receiving her share of its value .....

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?470503-Can-t-pay-cash-into-my-account/page3

With so many possible causes ; OP has some fact finding to do to find the best way to unravel this.

They may also find their premiums increase as they now have to reply "yes" if asked if they have ever had cover refused or cancelled........

All the different posts regarding some very serious issues that not many people ever get into.

Hmrc probs

Car quote probs

Fraud probs etc etc

Well, I'm sure someone could be that unlucky, through the law of probability (low 'prior probability' for any one identifiable individual beforehand, but multiplied by the billions of people on Earth, someone could.....)

Then again, people can contribute to their own misfortune (e.g. being warned that a particular act would trip a money laundering alert, and then going ahead and doing it anyway, or their house being demolished by a friend of their son, whilst being part of a divorce settlement....)

Both of these are plausible, if you take the OP's posts at face value, especially if they have a tendency to "cut off their nose, to spite their face"