Speeding up the Speeding Offence Procedure (no pun intended) - ** RESOLVED **

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2442 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi folk,

nearly 2 months ago [13/06/2017] I got caught by a speed camera van doing 38 in a 30.

they sent me a letter of intention to prosecute [20/06/2017] which asked for the details of the driver.

I was out for the day

my mum decided to fill it in saying that it wasn't her driving and sent it off.

Ages later (I can't remember the date, but it must have been 3-4 weeks later)

they sent me the same letter asking for the drivers details again.

Luckily I was in that day so filled it in and sent it off again.

That was now ages ago again

(feels like 3-4 weeks but I'm unsure of teh dates) and no responce.

My conundrum is that I'm supposed to be leaving the country at the end of this month to emigrate to Canada.

However, I expect they will offer me a speed awareness course,

which I would much rather do than get 3 points on my licence,

I don't want to book my flights until they have gotten back to me offering me the course (or just the points if they choose).

Is there any way to get them to speed up this stage of the process and get them to offer me the course/points asap as they are really taking their time.

Failing that, is there any way to see how long it will take them to make up their mind

(as if it's going to take them ages then I'll just take the points).

Also, if they offer me the speed awareness course,

then how booked up are they usually

(will there typically be a booking in a day or 2 or are they normally booked up for weeks in advance).

Sorry for the long post but it's really important to me as I really want to get to Canada as soon as possible and this is stopping me.

Thanks in advance guys. AJ.

You admit you were the driver at time, so write & tell them that today. Offer to pay current Penalty as you emigrate to Canada on .

Admonish mother for completing the form, she could have landed you with a nasty FTF charge.

Cheers pal. So I rung them up today (it's soooooo hard to get through to them, took me 2 days of tying and ringing them every few minutes and they're only open for 4 hours a day) and some very lovely woman got it all sorted for me and issued it right then and there on the phone (surprising how it only took her 15-20 seconds, but it takes an entire department over a month to do the same job) and it shpould be in the post tomorrow. Now all I need to do is book a speed awareness course for before the plane flights.

Well done, that sounds like a good solution for you.

Thank you also for coming back to tell us, I'm sure you'll help future caggers with similar problems. I'll change your thread title to reflect the result. :)

I hope it all goes well in Canada for you.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum