Cabot re lloyds credit card -Illegible agreement - comments please!

senequier
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2447 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Doesnt matter if they do trawl the sites. THey cant do anything. Post it up and redact all personal identifiers and reference numbers. Blank out the amounts if you want too, so they cant trace it if you think they can. CAGS policy is to put everything on forum, not PM.

we need background on it, as a compliant agreement, be it before or post 2007 needs to be in a specific format and have certain documents.

Ok,thank you - this dates to 2003 - the whole thing is a very long story,but this is what I now have as a supposed response to request for copy of original CCA.

Valid file extensions: bmp doc gif jpe jpeg mp3 pdf png psd rtf txt xls zip - I'm sorry,this is way beyond me so I guess I'll have to leave it for now,but thank you for your time over this.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Told you stop playing secret squirrel on your other thread

I have tried to reply to renegade's message,together with attachments,but I cannot make this work - I now recall that that is why I could go no further last time with the other situation - I can send an attachment to a normal email,and would be happy if that could then be posted,but I realise people only have a certain amount of time for these things and if I can't comply with your systems,that's my hard cheese - but I have still learnt a lot from what I read on here,so nothing wasted - so far,I have seen off two of my credit card debts totalling £25k,so I'll keep plugging away with the remaining two,also circa £25k.

I nay event,thnx for your time dx

Senequier it doesn't really matter if the DCAs do read your posts.

I would consider a complaint to the FCA about the DCA in post 1. They should know that what they have sent does not comply with the Act and for them to say the debt is enforceable on the strength of what they have sent is total garbage and could call their Consumer Licence into question. And if they actually think that the debt is enforceable then they are definitely not fit to hold a Consumer Credit Licence.

And as renegadeimp said in his first post about a debt reduction-who would offer that if they had a cast iron case ?

• Confused 1

Senequier it doesn't really matter if the DCAs do read your posts.

I would consider a complaint to the FCA about the DCA in post 1. They should know that what they have sent does not comply with the Act and for them to say the debt is enforceable on the strength of what they have sent is total garbage and could call their Consumer Licence into question. And if they actually think that the debt is enforceable then they are definitely not fit to hold a Consumer Credit Licence.

Thanx for that - that sounds really good - unfortunately,I am beyond the process of posting my papers up as I would love you to see what,in their letter,they refer to 'the enclosed agreement confirms that the original application form would have been sent to this address (i.e. my home address) ' - this is a new one to me on responding to a request for a true copy of the original 2003 agreement! - the enclosed agreement here being two,mostly illegible,sheets of A4 - All best,S

Read the upload

But you can still name the oc and the dca

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Read the upload

But you can still name the oc and the dca

will try to 'upload'

oc Lloyds,

DCA Cabot

(via MHA Collections,SCM Solicitors,Wescot Credit Services,Nelson Guest Solicitors,Apex Credit Management,HL Solicitors,Highbridge

(who I paid supposedly to take on the debt)

,then,when they went down the tubes,

Robinson Way

- asked RW for copy of agreement under S78,and after a few months,they said Lloyds had not come back to them

they were returning the account to Lloyds.

Some time later,Lloyds assigned the a/c to Cabot

- as I say somewhere,

Cabot have taken a year to send 2 sheets of mostly illegible 'agreement'.

if it stems from 2003, they would need the original agreement, original t&c's and any changes through the life of the account.

You mention cabot. Im 99.999999999999999999999999999999999% sure they will never get the correct paperwork.

Why?

Because they dont chase enforceable debts. Theyre a bottom feeder that only chase debts nobody else will go after. Even more so since its gone through a whole hose of DCA's

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Excellent,thanx renegade

- am a bit worried about your .01 uncertainty

- nah,only kiddin'

- all good stuff here today for me to 'go forward',

many thanks to all -

such a great site - S

Do your homework and cover your back. You'll be fine.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D