style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2414 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi this is a continuation of an old parking ticket .

I have had my car clamped by the enforcement after they visited me with regard to an unpaid parking fine .

It doesn't bother me as the day before the engine blew up so it looks like a good car but is really scrap

My question is how long will it remain here before they have to move it or de-clamp it.

The second question is because this is private land it seems they have taken control (on a highway) is this right .

I don't want to make any contact with them .

Thanks

If the private land is the land they are directed to, then yes, its fine.

The form is a standard form with space on the bottom to write WHERE the vehicle was taken control of, but the form is titled as highway is all.

It can remain clamped indefinitely or removed after the date and time written on the back of the notice.

Hi there the private land thing is one thing I was looking at because I hope that they will take it and maybe I could go after them for my perfect car! I am not bothered about "owing" them money I just want them to work hard for nothing Its already sorned and like I said this is private land. we will see thanks

I wouldn't touch it. You'd be in a lot of trouble if you did

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

So you think that you are superior to others then?

Whilst we all abide by the rules and regulation covered by the Road Traffic Act, you don't think that they apply to you, or you are somehow exempt?

Whilst I am no fan of councils, I accept that someone has to make and enforce rules and regulations.

You seem quite happy to benefit from the rules and regulations that suit you but not so when the role is reversed.

He said he was sick of something. How you can twist that into being superior to others is beyond me. Maybe you're just in a bad mood?

Deal with the council/ bailiff. Do NOT touch the car as it WILL land you in more trouble and face heavier penalties if you do.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

In my book, people who think that they do not have to pay these penalties think they are better/superior than us mere mortals who obey traffic signs.

I don't agree with your opinion about OP being superior or better. However, I respect your right to voice your opinion, so long as you do so within the bounds of our Sites Rules - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?9-FORUM-RULES-Please-read-these-before-posting(2-Viewing)-nbsp

Rules 1.7 - Above all else, use your common sense, be respectful and reasonable to people and companies.

Thank you :-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Deal with the council/ bailiff. Do NOT touch the car as it WILL land you in more trouble and face heavier penalties if you do.

Is it illegal to strip a car bare if it's been clamped?

Is it because it is legally under bailiffs control until they remove the clamp?

Is it illegal to strip a car bare if it's been clamped?

Is it because it is legally under bailiffs control until they remove the clamp?

Yes. because once it is clamped, the vehicle is under control of the enforcement agent. However, any damage etc that happens to it, YOU are fully liable.

You cannot even unlock the vehicle to get anything from it, as everything in the vehicle is under the control of the EA until you ask them to remove it.

Yes. because once it is clamped, the vehicle is under control of the enforcement agent. However, any damage etc that happens to it, YOU are fully liable.

You cannot even unlock the vehicle to get anything from it, as everything in the vehicle is under the control of the EA until you ask them to remove it.

That's a bummer then!

They are truly closing all the loopholes, aren't they?!?!

I wouldn't call it a "loophole" It was never permitted to interfere with goods that had been taken into the custody of the law. This new legislation just makes it more serious if you do, by making it a criminal offence.

There isn't really much point in having a facility to clamp cars if people can just come along and randomly "strip them bare" is there?

Sorry I was thinking of the now defunct private clampers where you couldn't touch the clamp but you could do everything else with the car.

Witht he defunct clampers, you could indeed touch the clamp if you knew how to remove it without causing ANY damage to it and it was in perfect condition afterwards. I know a few people that did it when clampers were allowed to do whatever they liked. They even got took to court and since there was no damage at all, the clampers were out of luck and even had to pay costs.

I don't think I am superior to anyone but parking rules are bent by traffic warden every day leaving you to jump through all the hoops that are set up to make you think it is easier to pay that defend. I don't have the time money or inclination to play all these games that are more designed relieve you of money more than keep order. What is the saying "let the punishment fit the crime " . It has become let us make as many rules as we can and make as much money out of them as possible .Carry on paying for your right to say "I am paying so you should also. Me, I am going to push this as far as I can so there is no money in it for these parasites

If its council then do it right. if its private land, then its a whole different ballgame and pretty easy to win.

As for pushing it as far as possible, if you dont "play the game" properly, then the only person that will be more out of pocket is you.

Thanks renegadeimp I am not bothered about the car or owing them money my question really is about the right to take control of the car in private car park. This is a back garden of a house converted into flats .There are notices everywhere saying it is private land resident only parking. I know that I have been told that they can leave it indefinitely but should I maybe send the log book of in their name so I don't get any more problems . At this moment I they may think I am on holiday I will be in 10 days .Meantime I have a scrap car in the car park.