Domestic and general

Glasgowguy2016
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2427 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi this complaint is due to a settlement figure that I was first shocked about but thought it must be right. But later on I was told there was something wrong with domestic and general offer and urged me to imitate the complaint procedure

Item cost £749 now this included features not included in the comparison item of £279 given by product replacement

120GB hard drive, now the one chosen for comparison didn’t have any hard drive but 128gb memory card costs £79 that I have needed to fork out http://www.argos.co.uk/product/3398544. So I take out insurance and to use the device it is costing me more money.

I have asked to see it, it’s very flimsy plastic not very good at all, and even some online reviews don’t rate it well, but I’m told to except that.

Now Argos specs don’t match up to Sony

Old 16:9 Mode . 2048 x 1536 (3M) / 4:3 Mode . 2048 x 1152 (2.3M

Comparison Model 2.29 Megapixels(16:9)/approx.1.71 Megapixels(4:3)

So less megapixels don’t really make a good comparasion

—-

The Camera sensor is smaller

Old 4.5mm (1/4 type) EXMOR R™ CMOS Sensor

Comparison Model 1/5.8 type(3.1mm) back-illuminated Exmor R CMOS Sensor

The camera is bigger in the older model

———

Old: Has a touch Panel

Comparison Model: Has no touch panel

——-

Old: Still image recording on internal HDD

Comparison: NO HDD option only memory card I had to buy separate.

Why should I have to pay more out

——-

Old: D range optimiser

Comparison: No d range optimiser

———

Old: It has a charger that plugs into the wall

Comparasion: This item has a USB Battery charger.

Yes(Recording/Playback(supplied AC Adaptor AC-UUD11) this is not a wall charger Playback(not supplied AC Adaptor limiting 500mA))

So again another poor comparasion, loads of cables to then charge up to a wall using USB, and the charger is hard to get if broken rather than readily available

——-

To me what I have been shown is not like for like, it’s so far from like for like, including my extra costs I had to pay for replace the storage in the device that domestic and general never looked it. So looking at this and thinking do i have

A case

Normally with Insurance, they go to a replacement provider and ask what is a similar replacement to x model. They then look up the Manufacturers say Sony and see what model is closest to the specification. It is not done on price. As technology changes, the price for similar replacement specification is likely to reduce. Also manufacturers stop producing certain model lines or change the technology they use.

You can reject the replacement being offered, but you need to research what model is likely to match your old computer. Provide them with the information they need.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Normally with Insurance, they go to a replacement provider and ask what is a similar replacement to x model. They then look up the Manufacturers say Sony and see what model is closest to the specification. It is not done on price. As technology changes, the price for similar replacement specification is likely to reduce. Also manufacturers stop producing certain model lines or change the technology they use.

You can reject the replacement being offered, but you need to research what model is likely to match your old computer. Provide them with the information they need.

Well they agreed to raise the original offer by £150 , so total £429 sounds fair to me