Help with my Provisional Licence application questions please

Legit
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2418 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there.

I'm having some issues trying to find the information I need.

Here's my situation:

I'm finally in a position where I would like to learn how to drive. Unfortunately, my provisional driver's licence is no longer valid since June of 2017.

I'm applying for a new licence on the DVLA website but I am running into trouble.

• I am being asked to provide a passport (which I don't have and have never had).
  • I need to provide 3 years of address history, but until about a year ago, I was homeless, and there's no option for this on the sign up page

I was sofa surfing for a long time with no fixed abode, then became homeless after a relationship breakdown for a few months. Before that (I don't even remember the dates or have any documentation), I was living and working in a different city in the UK.

I have my mother's address on the provisional card, but I've not lived there for a very long time.

I was wondering if anybody knew anything about this?

Many thanks for your time,

L.

all of this is to avoid identity fraud and theft so if you have no fixed abode for a period you put that on the form. No passport? you will need birth cert, explosives licence or whatever else thy ahve on list and failing all of that a sworn statement from a solicitor or your doctor as to who you are along with your photos which will be needed anyway so a letter explaing this should do.

You have a NI number so you will be on the govt radar as long as you ahve worked or claimed benefits