Coyle White Devine - UAE Indebtedness

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2120 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'm posting on here to see if anyone has had any success with fighting CWD in UK court as far as UAE debt is concerned.

There seem to be a number of posts with varying information but no real news of successful or unsuccessful outcomes.

Thanks

Why are they threatening?

Most of it is willy waving

Letters don't say will anything if you dead them properly

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

My advice for what it is worth, is that it depends on the amount of debt and which UAE Bank owns the debt.

If you search the London Gazette, you will find cases from awhile back that have gone as far as bankruptcy.

I think this was before the new rules came in which i think now require a standard county court judgement to have gone unpaid with debts exceeding £5k before they could go for bankruptcy.

Most of the letters from CWD are just standard chasers.

But if they say they will issue a court claim, you need to write to them asking for copies of all paperwork from the UEA Bank in English e.g a copy of the finance agreement and terms/conditions in English, copy of any notice of default in English, copies of statements of account.

CWD are only likely to go after debts in court, if it makes them money.

So probably debts over £5k where you own assets such as a house.

If you own any UK property assets, you might want to be more careful and not ignore.

Edited by dx100uk

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Thanks to both dx100 and unclebulgaria.

They are chasing me for a debt which is considerably more than 5k

given I have no assets, no savings and currently no job (put it down to business failure)

I was looking to see whether or not they would deem it worthwhile to chase me.

They can certainly make me bankrupt

right now I can't see that it would do them or their client any good other than claiming a victory in principle.

Might be worth just writing to CWD just advising of your circumstances, without admitting to the debt. CWD might just decide to stop writing to you.

If it has been 3 years or less since you left UEA, it might be worth enquiring about bankruptcy.

I think the limitation period for UAE is 20 years or much longer than the 6 years in England, so you might think whether you want to or can get shot of this debt.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

• 10 months later...

A quick update on this.

I contacted CWD stating I had no assets or income which was the truth. We're now about 9 months on and I haven't heard anything back from them. Whilst I very much doubt they have forgotten about me, perhaps they realise there won't be any point in pursuing it!

there never was...just trying to sc@m you...

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

A quick update on this.

I contacted CWD stating I had no assets or income which was the truth. We're now about 9 months on and I haven't heard anything back from them. Whilst I very much doubt they have forgotten about me, perhaps they realise there won't be any point in pursuing it!

Thanks for the update!