Deceased Person's Credit File

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2421 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Not deleted.

When a Bank receives the death certificate, the account would be noted as a deceased account. The credit record would be updated with this. Entries could then still be made, for example when any debts were settled from the estate. The credit record would stay live and anything on it would drop off after 6 years as normal.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The credit record would stay live and anything on it would drop off after 6 years as normal.

The CRF would be marked or flagged as soon as they are made aware of the death, it doesn't stay 'live' UB, no point. :thumb:

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

What do they care...they're gone...

Can't effect anyone or anything now

Was their a reason for this enquiry other than you simply wanted to know???

Dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

The CRF would be marked or flagged as soon as they are made aware of the death, it doesn't stay 'live' UB, no point. :thumb:

According to Experian, the credit file will only be deleted aftet 12 months, IF the deceased marker is correctly applied. They keep credit files open for 12 months, enough for any creditors to have access to the information and to limit risk of identity fraud.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

What do they care...they're gone...

Can't effect anyone or anything now

Was their a reason for this enquiry other than you simply wanted to know???

Dx

Thanks UB and BB. So, best to tell CRA's of death then?

Reason for asking is Mrs tedney died recently, and I am linked to some of her accounts. Slowly advising various organisations, but don't want to formally advise some just yet!

Thanks

t

Thanks UB and BB. So, best to tell CRA's of death then?

Reason for asking is Mrs tedney died recently, and I am linked to some of her accounts. Slowly advising various organisations, but don't want to formally advise some just yet!

Thanks

t

Sorry to hear that. Yes you can advise CRA's, but it should not be necessary, as the Bank should do this as part of the process, when closing or amending accounts.

aw tedney...you kept that one quiet..

there a new system in place that is sort of a one stop shop for everything like this

sure it was publicised here the other day.

Edited by Andyorch
editing

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

On behalf of CAG please accept our condolences Tedney.

You are not at liberty to inform any CRAs of death.....this is naturally updated by the creditors.As for any agreements were you are linked then just carry on payment as normal....no need to inform them either.

Regards

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

there a new system in place that is sort of a one stop shop for everything like this

sure it was publicised here the other day.

There's one called 'Tell Us Once' that you are offered when you register a death, but it only advises central and local government organisations so it wouldn't help with advising CRAs.

https://www.gov.uk/after-a-death/organisations-you-need-to-contact-and-tell-us-once

Is there one that notifies other organisations? I haven't come across one.

that's the one!!

saw it on a recent consumer program.

that's all you need to do

creditors etc don't need informing

and they

Is there one that notifies other organisations? I haven't come across one.

there is one that can also notify, but that is re things like (subscribers) marketing etc. (bereavement register)

as has been posted, a bank will (should) update a cra file. as they get the formal probate/letters/death certificate.

condolences tedney.

there is one that can also notify, but that is re things like (subscribers) marketing etc. (bereavement register)

as has been posted, a bank will (should) update a cra file. as they get the formal probate/letters/death certificate.

Hadn't come across it before. I can see it would be useful for an Executor, although its scope is quite limited, basically just removes the name of the deceased from junk mail lists. I wonder how effective it is? Apparently it relies on junk mailers (sorry 'direct marketing companies') checking the bereavement register themselves - the register doesn't proactively send out the details to DM companies. So presumably if they don't check it junk mail continues.

https://www.thebereavementregister.org.uk/

By chance I just came across another website, the Deceased Preference Service. It does the same as the Bereavement Register for junk mail but has some extra stuff it does too, mostly optional extras.

http://www.deceasedpreferenceservice.co.uk/index.html

Sadly I had to register a death this week and one of the bits of paper the Registrar gave me was a leaflet for the Death Preference Service, with a recommendation from the County Council Registrar's dept to use it. No idea why this one rather than The Bereavement Register.